Which dive op does Carnival use on St Lucia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know which op Carnival Cruises uses in St Lucia, deciding if we are going with ship dives or set up our own(which we usually do) Thanks for any info

When we went the end of May '12 on Victory, I set my diving up with ScubaSteve....Top notch dive op & I'd recommend them highly----but---be sure & go with their Premium package IMO---here's the website Diving St Lucia & Snorkel St. Lucia - Scuba Steves Diving, PADI 5* Dive Center, Rodney Bay.....ie ---with the Premium package, you get to dive the Pitons, WELL worth the extra ?20 bucks.....

Here are my pics/videos from that day, &---it (poured down) rained almost 50% of our time out that day.....

St Lucia 2012 - a set on Flickr

St Lucia 2012--#2 - a set on Flickr

& a few of my wife's topside pics(she didn't dive that day)
St Lucia topside--'12 - a set on Flickr

Back to answering your question, I have no idea who you get thru Carnival

EDIT: 1st 62 pics in 1st set were from Superman's Flight---remaining pics in set 1 & those in set #2 were from 2nd dive named Piton Wall-- a couple hundred yards down the same wall.....beautiful topside views from the water, wished the weather(rain) would have been better.......

Last edited:
I went there in July this year. We dove with Iyanola Dive Ventures through the Carnival excursions. .:: Welcome to iyanoladiveventures ::.

They were nice guys. We dove the pitons. 1st dive was to about 60ft max, drift dive called Superman flight. You can look it up by that name online.

The second dive was just a couple minutes away by boat. It was also a low current drift dive.

The boat was super tiny. There were 11 divers on the boat and the Captain and DM. Maybe 2 more people could fit. There was only enough room for 1 tank each along the sides of the boat. The extra tanks for the second dive were stacked up behind the steering wheel.

I didn't take a lot of pictures because I am inexperienced, but here you can see some from St. Lucia.
I also dove St. Maarten and St. Thomas.
If you have time to go again I would recommend both but probalby St. Marteen more.

The guys at St. Thomas were cool and the boat and dives were nice but they limited us to 38min per dive because they had to keep the cruise ship schedule.

St Lucia didn't limit the dive. We got back to the boat later than planned. We were back around 2. But that is because some ladies were seasick and the captain dropped them off at a beach club so we had to go pick them up.
St. Lucia Dive - a set on Flickr

St. Marteen dive locations are within site of the cruise ship and pretty cool. We dove 2 wrecks there.
St. Maarten Diving - a set on Flickr

Thanks to you both for the quick replies. I was debating between scubasteve and fair helen or the ship dives, now I have a third option to add to the mix. I appreciate the input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom