Which company to do my open water referral with in Ft.Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saiorse69

Registered
Reaction score
I have recently passed my diver course and will be heading to Ft.Lauderdale (seat sale!) in mid April to do my open water skills. Can anyone recommend a dive operator? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

saiorse69
Toronto

I usually dive with South Florida Diving HQ in Pompano Beach. You can call them at 1-800-771-DIVE. They have two great boats, the AquaCat and the Coral Princess. A lot of room to move around in.

We had a class going down there last weekend, but they got blown out.

Al

saiorse69, you must be ready for some warm weather! Fortunately we have our very own personal dive instructor here - Jeremy aka Reeftrekker has become a frequent dive buddy for many of us and he's an instructor as well. He's also working on his PhD in psychology so he can also help you deal with the separation anxiety you'll feel when it's time to leave paradise.

I use Force-E When I dive. Bob in their Boca store, or Gary in their Pompano Beach store.

I have observed them during check-out dives. My daughter did two dives with each, and I was very impressed. Each was very patient as Sheryl (the kid) had some problems.

I will take my next child to them for check-outs if she dives.

Another option is Pro Dive. A very reputable operation with a nice boat and a professional staff and crew.

Recently dove recreationally with ProDive in Ft Laud and can't speak highly enuf about their staff, their daily trips and safety precautions. Observed several people doing their OW certification dives (while buddying with their spouses and parents) and can attest for the personal attention and thoroughness of instruction. Am planning to go back there (I'm from MN) for my advanced OW...

saiorse69:
I have recently passed my diver course and will be heading to Ft.Lauderdale (seat sale!) in mid April to do my open water skills. Can anyone recommend a dive operator? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

saiorse69
Toronto

There are two other choices, The Scuba School and Parrot Island Scuba. If you check out www.fillexpress.com and click on dive shops, you'll get a nice list, together with addresses and phone numbers.

Rick

Great link! I've been using Fill Express since you first told me about them, but the Shops and Boats pages are really nice.

I like them even more now...

-Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom