Which Clip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearwater:
We use one of these.

004195_big.jpg

I use one of those also (a yellow one though) and I have a tie wrap about 1/2" from the reg so it doesn't slip..works great, never had trouble with it yet!

I go with the bungee around the neck & pass the primary.

One thing to keep in mind is what happens when something / anything snags on something / anything. Think "fusable link" - i.e. breakaway point. If you hitch something to you then there ought to be a breakaway 'device'. A bungee around the neck holding the backup 2nd stage should be able to release the 2nd stage if a greater than usual force is applied to it (i.e. a snag or if someone makes a grab for it in an emergency) For small items, say a backup light, I use an o-ring folded in half and then into a 'U' with a line / cable-tie running through that. (Make sense?)

Anyway - I like the bungee.

John

I've seen a couple of instances where the bulb type contributed to causing the reg to free flow. Seems that the (finely tuned) reg in this case along with the tight fitting rigid bulb, which did not leak air, contibuted to enough of a pressure differential to cause the reg to free flow on descent. Putting the same reg in a snorkel keeper solved the problem.

I suspect poking a hole in the bulb would also have worked.

I used a 1/8" o-ring tie-wrapped to a d-ring. Cost was 45 cents. Will break away if need be. Take reg in to determine correct diameter.

Steve50:
I've seen a couple of instances where the bulb type contributed to causing the reg to free flow. Seems that the (finely tuned) reg in this case along with the tight fitting rigid bulb, which did not leak air, contibuted to enough of a pressure differential to cause the reg to free flow on descent. Putting the same reg in a snorkel keeper solved the problem.
I'll second this. I originally had an octo ball, but when I hit the water, I'd have to pull the reg out to fill it with water or it would be slightly free-flowing all dive. When the split ring tore through the bulb a short time later, I wasn't upset. :D

I prefer the bungee around the neck. Always there when you need it. Donate your primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom