Which certification should I go with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not my list, it's knotical's. I don't know if it is 100% complete or not, but it's a great resource which I keep in my favorites. I appreciate all the work knotical put into compiling the list.
Gracious and kind. Thank you, Walter.

I especially appreciate it coming from you because I think you understand better than most what might be involved in such an effort. That is iirc - aren't you the one who put together a side-by-side comparison of agency requirements? Whatever happened to that? It would seem a useful tool no matter which side one advocates in the agency vs. instructor debates.

knotical:
aren't you the one who put together a side-by-side comparison of agency requirements?

I did put together such a comparison with only three agencies. It literally took months to complete. I do have an idea of how much work you put into your research. I was thinking about doing something similar when I found your list. I am very thankful I found your work before I undertook the task.

knotical:
Whatever happened to that?

It was published on the Diverlink website, but that site is no longer active. I have it and send it to folks who request it. I plan to be updating it in the near future.

knotical:
It would seem a useful tool no matter which side one advocates in the agency vs. instructor debates.

I think so. Some disagree.

I've heard that PADI is pretty good but I've seen some talk of I think it's NAUI. I was wondering if you guys could help out on which one I should go with. And is it possible to have both? But recomendations would be nice. Thanks!
Walter's post is excellent and should be a "stickey"

These are great questions and should be asked - regardless of the certifing agency you choose, good answers will likely equal a good experience. Plus you come across as a knowledgable person who put some thought into this process.

Regardless, I wish you the best. Know too that the certifing course(s) are just a begining; diving is a process and the only way you get good (and comfortable) is by diving - the more the better.

Chewitt, Check out Indian valley scuba in Harleysville, Pa. They are right in your backyard and i'm sure they can give you what you're looking for.

indianvalleyscuba.com
Good Luck,
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom