Which CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that Aussie rebreather website still around. If not, the oft-contentious, chest pounding hero site called Rebreather world.
There is also the site, CCR Explorers. I personally don't care much for RW for that very reason. CCRE Isn't a great deal better, but the lesser of the 2 evils, as it were.

I am considering getting a CCR mainly for diving around Sydney, Australia but would also use it further afield where appropriate. I am wondering what other options I might have.
Have you had a chat to Baz at Southern Cross Divers at the Spit? Probably your best local option to get an exposure to a decent range of units that have local support.

Noting your access point, you probably want a lighter unit that is also comfortable to walk around in.

Regards
Brad

Have you had a chat to Baz at Southern Cross Divers at the Spit? Probably your best local option to get an exposure to a decent range of units that have local support.

Noting your access point, you probably want a lighter unit that is also comfortable to walk around in.

Regards
Brad

small and light , dont for get to add in your bail tin to that small and light thing , scr are dead in the water , tho lots of 2nd had about ,
good luck,

Every rebreather diver is going to say their unit is the best :D

I dive the Kiss Spirit LTE. It's light, easy to dive and very easy to control your buoyancy even in very shallow water. It is an mCCR, so you'd have to learn a new unit.

Not true, I have had a Meg and currently dive the rEvo but I recommended the Spirit LTE to my buddy and that's what he dives now. The spirit offers many advantages over other CCR breathers especially for the kind of dives OP is talking about. It is extremely compact and light and very dependable with its simple design.

Back
Top Bottom