• Nissan Altima/maxima

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Dodge charger

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • elcipse/lancer

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much do you want to spend? Car, truck, what type?

Depends on what's important to you, I guess but DSM's (Mitsu Eclipse, Evo) rock if you're looking for a car with some get up and go. I autocross my old '92 Plymouth Laser (same thing as an Eclipse), it's my other hobby/sport. Huge aftermarket, lots of commeradery among DSM owners (see my pics from the 2005 DSM Shootout here). The only downside is that they're a huge money pit.

..."I just wanna go a little bit faster". :wink: :D

[EDIT]
Ooh, you're from Chicago, we have DSM meets all the time. If you end up with an Eclipse, Talon, Laser, or Evo, join the "ChiDSM" Yahoogroup to find out when the meets are or to ask questions about the car, etc.
[/EDIT]

Honda Accord is a far better choice in a midsize 4 door than the ones you have listed.

If I were buying a car right now, I'd take a very close look at the Mazda3 SportWagon edmunds.com info. It's cheaper than your other choices (<20k totally loaded), fun to drive and small wagons are very practical.

GypsyDoc:
How come there is no hybrid in the poll??

A buddy bought the Ford SUV hybrid, he really likes it when he stops at a red light in the summer, hot AND humid here, and the AC turns off. They still need work to make them practical IMHO.

lowwall:
If I were buying a car right now, I'd take a very close look at the Mazda3 SportWagon. It's cheaper than your other choices (<20k totally loaded), fun to drive and small wagons are very practical.

I like the Mazda SportWagon too. We just bought a Subaru WRX wagon (still turbo and AWD like the STi and Evo, but a little slower) it's a lot of fun, though, and practical too! It's our reliable car since our DSM's are often down for one reason or another.

Some things to ponder: fuel economy, insurance rates in your area, crash test data, storage (both in the trunk and in the car), how many people do you need to regularly carry, reliability histories, size of parking area you have?

The Nissan's you list are two different models, check the size difference.

Don't let us decide for you, otherwise you may not really like our car, err your car. If someone points out a serious flaw in one of your choices or gives you good advise, that's great but you will have to drive and pay for that thing.

Back
Top Bottom