Which camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakittymarie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am debating between the sealife DC500 and sea & sea DC-750G which is better? Both cost around $500. Thanks for any help.

scubakittymarie:
I am debating between the sealife DC500 and sea & sea DC-750G which is better? Both cost around $500. Thanks for any help.

Sealife DC500 Elite package...is available for $899 from ScubaToys :14:

Lightweight play camera...works quite well...I especially like the Land option :)

http://www.sealife-cameras.com/cameras/dc500_elite.html

Paul in VT

The Sea & Sea is definitely the way to go. The 750G is the little brother to the DX8000. It has very little shutter lag, excellent macro capabilities and is very compact in size. With a retail o499 for the camera and housing, it is the ideal entry level system. And for an additional $250 ($749 total) you can get the complete package with the YS-15 auto strobe, the tray and arm kit along with the fiber optic cable. This is the nicest compact high quality system I have seen to date.

I have sold a number of these systems since their NOvember release, and my customers have been extremel satisfied.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul its also that price on www.onestopscuba.com . Just mention Scubaboard on your order and we'll take care of you.

Kitty I have a DC500 personally and it works great. I use it in and out of the water.

I've had others but this is the one I like most.

Happy Diving

Actually, the cameras are very close to each other in features and quality. The Sea & Sea is a few dollars cheaper, but the accessories for it are much more expensive. If wanting a wide angle lens, you in the 200 range instead of 79.

The only other significant difference in my mind is the SeaLife has a rechargable lithium ion battery and the Sea and Sea uses AA batts.

You will get about 40 shots on a charge (or set of batteries in the Sea & Sea) so if doing the SeaLife, I'd highly suggest you toss in an extra battery, while if you are using Sea & Sea you can just toss in a few more AA batteries for the next dive.

Since we sell both, I've had a fair amount of experience with both, and have no vested interest in selling one brand over the other... and in my opinion, if I wanted just the camera, I'd go with the Sea & Sea. If I wanted a set with camera, strobe, lens, I'd go with the SeaLife.

There, now are you even more confused?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom