Which BCDs would you choose??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
There is another opinion here, mate.
DUI makes the weight and trim system.
Link- http://www.dui-online.com/bc_wt.htm
My wife purchased it for me two years ago and they work out great.
I wear 25-30lbs in my drysuit; 10lbs in the BC and the rest go into weight and trim system.

I tried using some really inexpensive XS Scuba 5lb velcro pockets for a while and they worked, but I was not really happy with the setup. I thought about switching to either Dive Rite or OMS clipper pockets to replace them, but stumbled upon another idea. I stole the rear weight pockets off my daughter's Brigade :)

They have a zipper top, quick release velcro bottom and hold 10lbs each. This was perfect for my up to 18lbs need. I am using this setup now and really like the convenience of it. Plus the Zeagle pockets are about half the price of the Dive Rite 16 or 32lb pockets as well. I think Zeagle makes a pocket specifically for backplates that would probably work better, but I had these in the house, so I went ahead and used them.

I need to look into the DUI thing though, thanks for the heads up.

Zeagle Brigade, hands down.

I have a Brigade. I love it for lake diving as it easily holds all the weight I need, has plenty of lift, and is just plain comfortable. When I traveled with it this last summer it was a little on the heavy/bulky side though. That being said I wouldn't trade it for another BC, I like it way too much.

For the first couple of years I had a Mares. Velco pocket and weights had to be weaved into a plastic sheet then put into a pouch. Last Christmas my wife who loves me very much bought the best thing I could ever had hope for, a Zeagle Ranger. After 50 dives with it this year I don't have a single complaint for it fits me perfect.

Now that's the thing, find one that makes you happy and fits you right. I'm sure the brands your talking about won't let you down.

Good Luck

I love my Ranger LTD.

Its very comfortable, built rock solid, tons of storage & D-rings, it comes w/ the yellow weight pockets, rear trim pockets, & lumbar pad. It has a ton of lift for cold water diving (100' deep at Travis) and although it might not be the most practical for travel, Ive had no problems hauling it to CA, FL, Cozumel, and Belize this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom