Which BCD knife to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My absolute favorite knife after trying many different knives.

OMS Titanium Knife

Relatively small. Never have to worry about coming out of the sheath. Zero maintenance, and mounts to 2" webbing.

I have a 6 inch knife that I used to strap on my lower leg. I do look like a "cowboy" with it. Lately I have been diving without a knife because I am feeling embarrassed with all the comments to my "over kill" knife. Maybe I should also upgrade to a tiny hide-away knife which I can hide in my BC.

Carry a knife, regardless of if you're being made fun of. However, having an 8 inch blade knife with leg straps, that has been replaced in usage by a 4 inch blade on a console, I do understand the pain of carrying an "over kill" knife.

A friend of mine once told me, after he got tangled up in a fishing net, the bigger the knife the better and if it is ti big for the lower leg strap it to your torso!! :rofl3:

Thinking about it, maybe I should upgradeto a 8 inch blade. :rofl3:

It does save you on weight on your belt.

That one should do nicely. I always carry a small knife and maybe it's due to where I dive but the only thing I've ever used it for is slicing fruit on the surface.

I've used dive knives for a variety of things underwater, from cutting line to crushing urchins (not Caribbean Diadema, but semi-temperate ones) to stabbing flounder.

Is there a small BC knife that is made of titanium?

I really love titanium knives and hate steel. Maybe I've just bought some crappy stainless steel knives in the past, but they rust on me after just a dive or two.

To be specific, it was a UK Blue Tang knife (steel) that was spotted and rusting just about instantly. The same company's titanium model has had no problems whatsoever.

titanium, baby!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom