Which BC and computer for a underwater videographer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take photos and videos as a sideline- not my main activity. But I am unaware of any particular BCD or computer designed for videographers. I would suggest that the best equipment is that which you are comfortable wearing, which does not interfere with the video gear you are using, and which gives you peak performance buoyancy control and body position control. I do a lot of inverted hovering to get videos and photos, As was mentioned by others, peak performance buoyancy and body control are skills necessary for any level photographer or videographer. And those in the know are almost universally in agreement that task loading with photo and video equipment should follow achieving a level of competence as a scuba diver. I wish you well as you move forward with your plans.
DivemasterDennis

I don't think that there's any BCD that's going to make video easier or harder for you.

Diving skills, like buoyancy, is definitely more important than the piece of gear you use.

Thanks for the advise, everyone! I guess I'll just keep diving and decide on the computer and BCD that feels best to me.

Get the B.C. that fits the best. The KnightHawk fits like a harness and is adjustable.

A wrist computer is easier to read while shooting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom