Which Asian dive sites are in season in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got plans for a week off in August, which Asian dive sites are in season then? I can think of Sipidan, Manado, Lembah, Komodo and Bali off hand. Any others I am missing?

thanks,

Hey Jim. Long time no hear... how's the Japan rainy season? :wink:

Actually I've been talking with my Tokyo friends about maybe arranging something off of Izu this summer. Maybe Ogasawara islands (Bonin Islands)... Got any suggestions? Also heard there are supposedly some nice wrecks... :wink:

August and September is a very good time to dive Bali (Nusa Penida) to see mola-mola / oceanic sunfish.
Why Bali? because ur entry to Indonesia is best to Bali, from there you can plan ur trip to Manado, and no need to to do it in advance cause you most likely get space and accomodation there...

cheers,
bodiver13@gmail.com

August is the busy season in Manado area. Europeans get long summer vacations and come to Manado. Plan ahead. Even in Sept. many places are full

August is also peak peak season in Sipadan. If you're thinking about it - book NOW! Bali will be a good bet, with a good variety of diving, and from what I have heard Bali is still suffering a lack of tourists. I'd go there.

Bali Dive Sites

Plenty of dive sites to choose from all around Bali from Nusa Lembongan to Tulamben to Menjangan. OR you can consider a liveaboard to Komodo, most of which start from Bali. Mermaid 1 will be there this summer, and there is the Komodo Dancer to name but 2.

thanks folks for the info... did Komodo last summer. I think Sipidan and Manado are on my short list for now, if I can get a room... :wink: Bali is an option, but I was hoping to save that for later when Mike Vietch is having his photo session...

pakman:
Hey Jim. Long time no hear... how's the Japan rainy season? :wink:

Actually I've been talking with my Tokyo friends about maybe arranging something off of Izu this summer. Maybe Ogasawara islands (Bonin Islands)... Got any suggestions? Also heard there are supposedly some nice wrecks... :wink:
Hey Pak
Ogasawara is nice, never been There. Mikomoto is a scream. One of my favorites. Oshima is another favorite of mine.

One wreck locally here. Another in Okinawa. Don't Know about Ogasawara.

Bring it on!

Jim, what about some of the islands a bit further out than Oshima and Nampajima (sorry I mean Niijima) like Hachijojima?

You could also head to the east coast of peninsular Malaysia to Redang or the Perhentians. It's not the quality of some of the sites on your list but very good diving nonetheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom