Which agency to choose for nitrox class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, so does this mean that technically, a Tech3/Cave3 diver is not certified to dive say, EAN28? :popcorn:

Tom

To take you seriously for a moment (it'll be a brief one, I promise :wink: ), I suppose not, from a strictly technical viewpoint, since 28% is not a standard GUE mix, and GUE preaches ONLY standard mixes.

Of course, there's always the wiggle room granted by the "thinking diver" provisos.

And reality is a whole different ball of wax, of course.

Also, since I'm nowhere near Tech3/Cave3, and I'm even certain what their standards are, I could be off on this.

Wow, so does this mean that technically, a Tech3/Cave3 diver is not certified to dive say, EAN28? :popcorn:

A Tech3/Cave3 diver is trained not to dive EAN28 :wink:

at what point are you simply certified to be a diver and capable of thinking for yourself?

Oh, I'm sure they are more than CAPABLE of using it, just not specifically TRAINED to use it...although you wouldn't have a use for it above 100', and diving it deeper would be violating the GUE standard practices.

...and having never experienced that much narcosis, their bodies haven't had time to acclimate to it. :wink:

Tom

...and yes Lamont, I will remove the last part if you want

The Nitrox part of Fundies is not very in-depth, and really only talks about EAN32. It's fine if that's all your diving.

The Nitrox part of Fundies is not very in-depth, and really only talks about EAN32. It's fine if that's all your diving.

GUE teaches standard gases. EAN32 is all you SHOULD be diving, if you are sticking to the standards they teach, so EAN32 is all they need to teach you.

The card specifically says certified for EAN32, IIRC, and does not mention other mixes, so there's nothing hidden. And if all you are diving is what you are taught (i.e., EAN32), what they teach is fully as in-depth as it needs to be.

Qualify with anyone who will teach you to understand it, not just to remember it. If you can find anyone, that is, because IMO standards of this sort of teaching are generally abysmally low. The agency isn't important.

I disagree: if you are willing to take the DIR path - as it is reasonable to assume from posting here - is useless to spend even little money on getting a C-card elsewhere while taking the Fund will give you the same certification level (and much more)
my 2 cent ...

Well, if that's really the case then the OP should simply ask GUE/DIR what he's permitted to do and just do it. What else?

But I thought there was a brain inside his head. He did post his question in other places, not just under DIR.

So, if standard mixes are all that GUE divers dive...

Then why can I read articles in Quest where GUE divers were not diving "standard" mixes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom