Where's Waldo ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is only a 3 foot by 3 foot outcropping in the middle of a wide span of sand flats on Paradise from our recent June trip. Our mission to be here was to find seahorses in the grassy areas, however, this is proof that just because there isn't much around, does not mean it's not there.

Just for fun, how many different species can you find ? Sorry, not a great picture, but we were surprised as to how many species were in this one shot.

Just one per customer to give everyone a chance !!!

DSC_6625_2013_00232.jpg

1. Lionfish (Pterois miles)

Juvenile Angelfish X 2

Love Paradise! You have the better resolution so this is not fair, but I'll bite only for the fish: the lionfish, juvie french angelfish, a second juvie angelfish, spotfin butterfly which is greeting a grey fish that doesn't look like a blue tang -- has a filefish kinda head from this perspective -- don't know, bicolor damselfish, and I think there's a sharpnose puffer in the middle 3rd but it might be a broken coral or something. There should be some fish on the sand, too, but I don't see 'em.

Deb, I was wishing for higher resolution, too!

Yes, this pic is not the clearest, sorry .....

Love Paradise! You have the better resolution so this is not fair, but I'll bite only for the fish: the lionfish, juvie french angelfish, a second juvie angelfish, spotfin butterfly which is greeting a grey fish that doesn't look like a blue tang -- has a filefish kinda head from this perspective -- don't know, bicolor damselfish, and I think there's a sharpnose puffer in the middle 3rd but it might be a broken coral or something. There should be some fish on the sand, too, but I don't see 'em.
It took me a while to make up my mind about the blue tang since it appears to have quite the snout. But blue tangs look like that when their dorsal and ventral fins flatten out. Note the lighter coloration of the beak.

What Deb says, I would never second guess her :wink: Love Paradise too, usually a long lazy dive with lots of cool little stuff (current permitting) Hope to be there in a few weeks.... :)

I agree with Mossman - it's a Blue Tang.

I also see several Christmas Tree WOrms, an anemone and an arrow crab :)

I am viewing on my phone - so maybe I don't have the best view either

9. Four basslets on the green sponge at the top.

Back
Top Bottom