where's the toilet underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowel movements seem to have been discussed in detail, and I can add the "time of the month" thing. I am a pad person too, but when the choice of diving or sitting at home, I will use a tampon. Of course if I am feeling really crampy and miserable, I curl up to a good book and a cat.
If the choice to dive during menses, I carry an extra few tampons. I don't seem to have any problems at depth, and nobody knows.. not even the sharks or fish! :) (Yes, I have been around nurse sharks on a heavy day, and they did not act any different)

RealDiver provided an awesome service with that thorough description! I have also heard similar descriptions using the boat's bow line if tied to a mooring.

Having said that, I have logged almost 600 dives and never had the 'number 2' urge. I think that my body just 'knows' that it is "inappropriate" . (That sometimes creates a challenge on a longish dive vacation to make sure that the system continues to function.)

Regarding urine... I really try to avoid peeing in my wet suit... if at all possible I use the boat's head or 'check the props' before and / or after the dive.

With regards to menstruation... tampons or menstrual cups ("diva cups") or even a diaphragm works.

Just remember NO PAPER PRODUCTS IN A MARINE HEAD!!!

I want to say "Thank you very much" everyone for your insights on answering the call.... Most boats have heads....I'm sure. I'm not fit for a 2 piece, but I hope I will lose some weight after I'm certified (wishful thinking?! Perhaps.):11: I guess it's really one's woman's choice on how she feels about being on the cycle and going diving.Thank you all you women out there- the personal information has helped me and well, hopefully I wouldn't be in such an embarasssing situation and be "laughed at" or "???", and thank you guys who have shared your vast knowledge of toliet experiences. :rofl3:

Yes, I swear by Imodium A-D!!!!! Yes, I know...no used paper products in the heads. I would have to bring my own grocery bags or those blue-odorized bags for diapers for proper disposal.

Wow I think I stolled into the wrong room. TMI here. some of the guys I dive with wear Depends but they are doing deco and diving dry (unless they have an accident, then I guess it would be considered wet, or muddy) I don't think I could pull off the "aquadump" thing unless I was on my own boat. I mean god forbid ppl be in the water ending their dive surfacing to that.

But hey if you just can't fight the feeling anymore just go....just make sure and flip upside down and flush your wetsuit with your otco and the purge button b/4 you return to the boat. Like they say "_ _ _ _ happens!" belive it or not an older woman did number 2 in the rec center pool last week so we couldn't teach a confined class for 24 hrs. Kinda reminded my of the movie CaddyShack:rofl3:

So Cal Guppy:
I want to say "Thank you very much" everyone for your insights on answering the call.... Most boats have heads....I'm sure. I'm not fit for a 2 piece, but I hope I will lose some weight after I'm certified (wishful thinking?! Perhaps.):11: I guess it's really one's woman's choice on how she feels about being on the cycle and going diving.Thank you all you women out there- the personal information has helped me and well, hopefully I wouldn't be in such an embarasssing situation and be "laughed at" or "???", and thank you guys who have shared your vast knowledge of toliet experiences. :rofl3:

I don't have the body for a bikini, but I can wear a full coverage TANKINI. I get mine from Landsend and not only does the top and bottom meet in the middle, but the top overlaps even. Check them out, a tankini is so much more comfortable than a 1-piece suit when diving.

Yeah, I totally forgot about them. Sears sells Lands End clothing, many times they just don't support that body part...well, thinking about it, it may not matter. shrug.

DiveMaven:
I don't have the body for a bikini, but I can wear a full coverage TANKINI. I get mine from Landsend and not only does the top and bottom meet in the middle, but the top overlaps even. Check them out, a tankini is so much more comfortable than a 1-piece suit when diving.

What do you mean that you "stolled into the wrong room"? Do you mean strolled? What's a TMI and otco ? True...nature always happens when you least expect it or when you DON'T want it to happen! Murphy's Law.
Thanks Chad

The Chad:
Wow I think I stolled into the wrong room. TMI here. some of the guys I dive with wear Depends but they are doing deco and diving dry (unless they have an accident, then I guess it would be considered wet, or muddy) I don't think I could pull off the "aquadump" thing unless I was on my own boat. I mean god forbid ppl be in the water ending their dive surfacing to that.

But hey if you just can't fight the feeling anymore just go....just make sure and flip upside down and flush your wetsuit with your otco and the purge button b/4 you return to the boat. Like they say "_ _ _ _ happens!" belive it or not an older woman did number 2 in the rec center pool last week so we couldn't teach a confined class for 24 hrs. Kinda reminded my of the movie CaddyShack:rofl3:

TMI = too much information

otco = octopus, the extra regulator you have when diving but we aussies say occy

yes, strolled into the wrong room. some gals feel that it should be a gal only forum area and the guys pop in here all the time (usally by accident)

cheers

I have heard and seen a number of divers deal with the number 2 problem in the water. Divers tend to be pramatic folk so dont bat an eyelid at a dropped bikini bottom or trunks.

But I thought I would mention that for some of us the problem is the opposite. I find the underwater pressure puts everything on hold for the rest of the day. It is particularly a problem if diving early morning and not enough sleep - think getting up at 4am to drive to dive site for parking space by 6am!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom