Where's Moonie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
Moonie II is on his way to Speargirl on Long Key for the SB Invasion. He spent the last two weeks with me and now that we're back up I'll post a summary of his activities and a few pictures.
good news, let's get some of those pics

I have the original Moonie. For those who missed it - HE WAS FOUND! (not by the post office)

HowardE:
I have the original Moonie. For those who missed it - HE WAS FOUND! (not by the post office)
and Remember David, I want him for October. I need him on the second week and I can ship him on the 4th week.

JeffG:
and Remember David, I want him for October. I need him on the second week and I can ship him on the 4th week.

I dunno. Remember what happened last time :huh:

riguerin:
I dunno. Remember what happened last time :huh:
Had nothing to do with me and he was found. :mooner:

it had a lot to do with you :D

let's see, send to Jeff, or tie off on some old wreck?

June 30

Moonie went up with me to Haigh quarry for Day 1 of my wreck diving course with ppo2_diver. While the course was very challenging (Duane loves to collect masks ... he had THREE in his hands as several points during the course of the day!), Moonie hung out topside and enjoyed a beautiful day in Kankakee, IL. Here are a few pictures from 30 June.

Moonie on his way to the quarry Temp Storage Kodak DC280 062.jpg

Moonie and ppo2_diver Temp Storage Kodak DC280 064.jpg

Moonie in front of the sign at Haigh Quarry Temp Storage Kodak DC280 066.jpg Temp Storage Kodak DC280 068.jpg

July 5

Next, Moonie tagged along as Hoosier and I went up to Muncie, IN to explore Phillip’s Quarry. The viz wasn’t bad down to about 25’, but below that it went to crap. Hoosier and I found the bottom when he ran into it and I then ran into him!

Moonie getting ready for his dive Temp Storage Kodak DC280 070.jpg Temp Storage Kodak DC280 071.jpg

Moonie and yours truly Temp Storage Kodak DC280 074.jpg

Moonie and Hoosier Temp Storage Kodak DC280 078.jpg

July 7-8

Finally, Moonie came along on a two day trip up to Waukegan, IL, to dive the wreck of the SS Wisconsin from The Enterprise captained by Dale Bennett. We had an awesome trip, but unfortunately my camera crapped out before I could get any pictures of Moonie on the boat. Suffice it to say that he did however enjoy himself, although he wasn’t pleased that it was a boat fulla smelly guys! He was hoping for some sunbathing hotties, but his wish went unfulfilled …. Darn it!

He’s now on his way to Speargirl on Long Key and is destined to have a blast at Invade the Keys!

dlndavid:
it had a lot to do with you :D

let's see, send to Jeff, or tie off on some old wreck?
good point :rofl3:

ok, I'm back to :sblogo: working on 1 out of 8 cylinders, this will put a big damper on my post count :D

Originally Posted by dlndavid
Moonie's Schedule
(my updates to Moonie's schedule, not to be confused with Rick's or CBulla's, HowardE's or Net Doc's updates)

Jan 6-7 Parrothead_Diver Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, Antigua, St. Barts screwed up by a Mod
Jan 13-14 Parrothead_Diver Iles Des Saintes, Martinique, Barbados, 1st class...oh my screwed up by a Mod
Jan 20-21 drunk watching football maybe
Jan 27-28 who knows
Feb 3-4 in transport to MissDirected
Feb 10-11 MissDirected- Johnnyseko Costa Rica
Feb 17-18 MissDirected- Johnnyseko Costa Rica
Feb 24-25 Tracy
Mar 3-4 open
Mar 10-11 CBulla - Fossiling!
Mar 17-18 howarde, but somebody screwed up
Mar 24-25 open
Mar 31-Apr 1 Suthnbelle, but somebody screwed up
Apr 7-8 Suthnbelle, but somebody screwed up
Apr 14-15 Rick M I think
Apr 21-22 Rick M I think
Apr 28-29 WVDiver Key Largo
May 5-6 WVDiver Key Largo
May 12-13 WVDiver coming home
May 19-20 dlndavid Fort Lauderdale
May 26-27 ONESPEED Fort Lauderdale
June 2-3 PacketSniffer Roatan Cocoview (needs before June 1)
June 9-10 PacketSniffer Roatan Cocoview
June 16-17 erparamedic "Super-Secret Expedition"
June 23-24 erparamedic "Super-Secret Expedition"
June 30-July 1 open
July 7-8 open
July 14-15 SB Invades the Keys
July 21-22 aowdan In the keys still

now : by executive decision Moonie shall be returned to dlndavid for a needed rest, this is the backup gnome and he has decided to return home for a rest, after all the Invasion events. He longs for cold waters. :D

Note; Dates are given for Saturdays and Sundays, Moonie does his travelling during the week.
It is Important to move him on to his next location as soon as possible.
3 days (or less) service works best IMO.
Requests for Moonie are best scheduled around a region or personal hand offs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom