Where's Moonie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who exactly had him last, maybe the schedule will help and back track from there.

Wow. Seems the folks who host Moonie have problems passing him on. I think he was on time from the Philippines, eh David?

:bump:
dlndavid:
Moonie's Schedule
(my updates to Moonie's schedule, not to be confused with Rick's or CBulla's updates) :D

Jan 6-7 Parrothead_Diver Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, Antigua, St. Barts screwed up by a Mod
Jan 13-14 Parrothead_Diver Iles Des Saintes, Martinique, Barbados, 1st class...oh my screwed up by a Mod
Jan 20-21 drunk watching football maybe
Jan 27-28 who knows
Feb 3-4 in transport to MissDirected
Feb 10-11 MissDirected- Johnnyseko Costa Rica
Feb 17-18 MissDirected- Johnnyseko Costa Rica
Feb 24-25 Tracy
Mar 3-4 open
Mar 10-11 CBulla - Fossiling! :D
Mar 17-18 howarde, but somebody screwed up
Mar 24-25 open
Mar 31-Apr 1 Suthnbelle, but somebody screwed up
Apr 7-8 Suthnbelle, but somebody screwed up
Apr 14-15 open
Apr 21-22 open
Apr 28-29 WVDiver Key Largo
May 5-6 WVDiver Key Largo
May 12-13 WVDiver coming home
May 19-20 dlndavid Fort Lauderdale
May 26-27 ONESPEED Fort Lauderdale
June 2-3 PacketSniffer Roatan Cocoview (needs before June 1)
June 9-10 PacketSniffer Roatan Cocoview
June 16-17 open
June 23-24 open
June 30-July 1 open
July 7-8 open
July 14-15 :pirate2: SB Invades the Keys

Note; Dates are given for Saturdays and Sundays, Moonie does his travelling during the week.
It is Important to move him on to his next location as soon as possible.
3 days (or less) service works best IMO.
Requests for Moonie are best scheduled around a region or personal hand offs.

Diver Dennis:
Wow. Seems the folks who host Moonie have problems passing him on. I think he was on time from the Philippines, eh David?
that is because he was with the best divers in the world good care :D

Moonie dead ??????????? O ye of little faith

We all know Moonie is a world savy traveler and has a mind of his own.
Moonie would like all of you to know he doing just fine and is on his way to visit Rick.
So where was Moonie ? Well the story goes like this, as we all know Moonie was last seen at

After a long day fossiling Moonie went looking for love

As the fossil event was winding down Moonie was told he would be visting Chip (onespeed) next. Moonie did not like this and stormed off into the woods, screaming Chip was a killing his friends the lobsters and puffer fish and he would not go to visit. We searched the woods with no luck looking for Moonie. All that was found was this note.

With heavy hearts we left Peace river and figured Moonie must have hooked up with someone from the dance hall or was really kidnapped. :huh:

Roxanne and I went to work that Monday and when we returned home we found this

Moonie was fishing on my dock and drinking my whiskey :11:
I ask him what he was doing and he said fishing silly boy are you blind ?
I asked him how he got on my dock and he said he stowed away in our camping gear. Because he did not want to visit the LOBSTER KILLER and wanted to attend Mega-Dive at Ginnie Springs with us. I told him that event was 2 weeks away, he said that was fine with him since he loved to fish and I had plenty of whiskey. At this point I figured if you can't beat em you gotta join em.

We spent the next 2 weeks drinking and fishing waiting for Mega-Dive to arrive. Moonie was talking about cave diving all week leading up to Mega-Dive. I kept telling him he needed training but he would not listen. We arrived at Ginnie Springs on Friday afternoon and Moonie got bent since there would be no diving until Saturday. So he started drinking which took his mind off cave diving. He drank so much he missed the sunrise dive into the ballroom. When we returned from the dive Moonie was still asleep but breakfast was cooking and Moonie loves to eat almost as much as he drinks. We had breakfast and Moonie demanded to dive the cave, once again he was told he needed training but Moonie was having none of that and off he went. Scuba Jenny and I chased him into the Devils eye and found him here.

Moonie said nobody told him you could die diving caves,so he settled for diving the caverns and springs instead. After about 45 mins Moonie was ready to go back to drinking. On the way back to camp Moonie spotted Ken's trebuchet and demanded to use it. So he rolled it down to the river and started lauching water ballons at those who dared to float down HIS section of the Santa Fe river.

Later that day we were told a green turtle had climbed out of the river to lay her eggs. Moonie said he must go to protect her in case Chip was to show up.

Later that evening Moonie was supposed to do the Galaxy dive but said he had eaten and drank to much and would not be joining us. I suspected since Andy was not going either they would be drinking while we were gone. We return to find both Moonie and Andy all tangeled up in Andy's reel.
Moonie said he was taking cave training from Andy :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Once we got both of them free it was time for the evening campfire where Moonie met Andy's sheep "Buttercups".

Moonie and Buttercups got along rather well, some suspect to well :eyebrow:
Since later that evening they both went missing for quite awhile.

With Moonie and Buttercups missing Andy Started singing to David (Scubafool)

Not to be out done Ken brought out the coconut bra and grass skirt for the first time attendees to use. Roxanne choose to wear them slightly diffrent.

I dont have any more pictures of that but check the Florida Conch section and I'm sure they will surface in the next few days.
Roxanne and I said goodnight and left the party, Other attendees will have to fill in the rest of the evening.
I woke up to find Moonie, Buttercups and Andy were all in the same tent with David wraping Andy's tent with what was left of his reel.

After Andy, Buttercups and Moonie broke out of the tent another great breakfast was shared by everyone. Moonie help breakdown our campsite, then said goodbye to all his new friends and vowed to return for the fall event.

Moonie has arrived safely in Alabama.

moonie141.jpg

But he's sans logbook and his souveniers :(
So...
I will attempt to reconstruct as much of his log as possible - Some from this thread, but if you have additional loggable events please either post 'em here or PM me :)
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom