Where's all the new guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As near as I can tell, nobody called anybody a tool.

I read "knob" as a mispelt "newb".

Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of DIR advocates (not in this geography)
that come across as, to be polite, obnoxious. I think they are a net negative for dive
safety in that they turn off far more people than they convert.

tracker:
Well, I'm not frightened. I just moved to the Modesto area from Indianapolis, In. In Indy for the weekend and bringing all my gear back with me tomorrow. I have no problem with going to Monterey any weekend. My 7 mil should be enough. I'm accustomed to diving cold water. I dove every weekend last summer and look forward to experiencing salt water again. Feel free to pm me if you need a dive buddy.

Check, check.......hello........is this thing on?:D

tracker:
Check, check.......hello........is this thing on?:D

Hi Tracker,

Welcome to the area. If the conditions are good, we will be heading out to Stillwater Cove in Sonoma County on 5/12. You are always welcome to any of our dives. You can check out the times on our website, www.northcoastdivers.org. We also have a dive connection area that you can post a trip to and find buddies.

Hope to see you soon!

As RoyN said, most people get certified because they're going to some tropical destination. Once that's over, they won't dive until their next vacation to Coz or some other tropical island. Its safe to say, people in this forum are the exception:)

OK, to create at least an instance of the opposite, I'm going to try to persuade a friend who only dives tropical to buddy with me up here in NCal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom