Where's a good area in Thailand with CLOSE dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoyed both Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi for diving. However, if I went back Id dive the Similans (but that's a boat trip).

Thanks a lot folks. I've never been to Krabi but would love to check it out. And Air Asia flies there which is great. Will have to head there soon!!

Just curious -- in terms of long-term stay for an extended diving vacation, where would have cheaper rent: Krabi or Phuket? Seems I can rent a house pretty cheap in Phuket (10,000 bt). Is Krabi much cheaper?

Depends on what you want. You can get without a/c for as little as 2,500 baht per month. We paid 7,500 baht per month right inside Ao Nang, that was for bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. A/C too. Krabi can be cheaper, but you've got the bike ride or tuk tuk for your diving.

Like for like Krabi IS cheaper than Ao Nang...but Katdiver is right about the transport...you have to get to Ao Nang for the diving.

Could be an idea to look around on the outskirts of Ao Nang and/or before season starts + commit (and pay) upfront and you could get a good deal.

Songthaew from Krabi to Ao Nang can take a while. Scooter is about 20 mins if I remember correctly.

It is quite likely that I'll go to Phuket on an ED visa (to study a language), and also do a lot of diving. I'll look around carefully for something less than 10,000 bht a month for accomodation! Seems like Krabi or Phuket, both offer good diving (at least by boat). I'm sure in either location, it will be great :)

Back
Top Bottom