Where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wide_open

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

If you could get a summer away from work or school or whatever your responsibilities may be, where would you go?

I'm hoping to get advice on some of your favorite locations to dive, travel, or just spend time. I'm going back to school and it looks like I will have this coming May, June, and July free from obligations, as long as I can find a way to fund it/support myself. For now I don't have any major strings tying me down. I'm a relatively new diver, but there's nothing I'd rather do with my free time. Ideally, I hope to relocate somewhere I could dive all summer (and find any work that will cover the expenses).

Where would YOU go? Any other suggestions or advice? Thank you in advance.

JR

You could come to the Philippines and discover the beauty of Busuanga Island. Do a Internship Dive Master training and work for the shop. Email me some details of your dive experience any other skills you might have and all about your self.

When I took a long time off last year I went to Truk Lagoon, Egypt, and Curacao.

Money is more of a concern for me... I couldn't pay for a trip for a whole summer. If I could go somewhere, and spend a whole summer at one place or even just a month, and not worry about $$$ at all, it would be Indonesia, Micronesia, or Fiji in Pacific, or Bay Islands Honduras in Caribbean... spend a week or two on one island, then move to another for a week or two. Just island hop around that country.

robin:D

Israel or Egypt or Jordan, Just on the Red Sea somewhere

When I took a long time off last year I went to Truk Lagoon, Egypt, and Curacao.

**Sigh.**

Truk and the Philippines. If I could get a job there, I'd be in fat city!

3 months? Probably australia, asia and over to Hawaii.
Then again the red sea is "almost local" for me with only a couple of hours of flying away, costing me 2-300 USD to get there :p

If I was based in the US I would go for the red sea, asia and australia I guess..

Money is more of a concern for me... I couldn't pay for a trip for a whole summer. If I could go somewhere, and spend a whole summer at one place or even just a month, and not worry about $$$ at all, it would be Indonesia, Micronesia, or Fiji in Pacific, or Bay Islands Honduras in Caribbean... spend a week or two on one island, then move to another for a week or two. Just island hop around that country.

robin:D

Same issue I have - two kids in college and responsible for making payroll for my eleven employees. Money - not time is the issue!

I'd get a room in Singapore, in one of those fleabag hotels on Bencoolen Street or over in Bugis on Tan Kwee Lan Street (all probably gone, at the pace that city changes). I'd take advantage of the direct flights to Manado, Bali, Cebu, and Port Moresby. I'd take long-weekend trips to Pulau Aur, Terengganu, etc. I'd get over to Sipadan for a week, maybe make my way over to Sangalaki, Derawan, and Kakaban while I was in the neighborhood. Then over to Kota Kinabalu, and Layang-layang from there. Once back in Singapore, I'd take whatever ferry, bus, and plane combination got me to diving in Sumatra. If there's any time and money left, there's a lot more diving in Indonesia, or you can try Koh Tao in Thailand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom