Where would you go--another recommendations thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do a Red-Sea liveaboard from Egypt. Travel cost from USA to there 1000 - 1500. Cost of liveaboard = 800 USD.

I would do a Red-Sea liveaboard from Egypt. Travel cost from USA to there 1000 - 1500. Cost of liveaboard = 800 USD.

I also suggested a liveaboard but the OP is very prone to seasickness.

I get horribly seasick though so we'll have to see how that goes.

If you get "horribly seasick" then I suggest that you get that sorted before you launch off on the vacation of a lifetime. My wife gets seasick very easily and we've gone through a number of approaches -- the best for us being the behind-the-ear patch. Since she has started using it, I have noticed many people also doing so.

if I were going back to the Caribbean, I would look at Dominica. Hard to get to, but very rewarding diving, I hear. We also liked Saint Eustatius -- small, but good diving. Saw sharks in their natural habitat every day.

- Bill

If you get "horribly seasick" then I suggest that you get that sorted before you launch off on the vacation of a lifetime. My wife gets seasick very easily and we've gone through a number of approaches -- the best for us being the behind-the-ear patch. Since she has started using it, I have noticed many people also doing so.

if I were going back to the Caribbean, I would look at Dominica. Hard to get to, but very rewarding diving, I hear. We also liked Saint Eustatius -- small, but good diving. Saw sharks in their natural habitat every day. - Bill

Just a couple of comments, we loved Dominica but they were just recently hit bad by a tropical storm and the latest information I've read is that the island has not yet recovered.

Just a word of caution, I am probably the rare exception, but when I tried the seasickness patch my vision got very blurry. It is one of the possible side effects. My vision returned to normal within a day or two of removing the patch but it certainly threw a wrench into the middle of our vacation!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom