Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My OW checkout dives were in the Atlantic ocean off the coast of Nova Scotia during the first week of December. When I started the dive class in the fall, I didn't think about when the class would end! The water was not too bad, it does not change temperature much during the year, but the air temperature was cold enough to freeze our wetsuits stiff when we took them off for lunch. Putting a cold, frozen wetsuit back on was memorable!

1st dive - Resort course at Chankanaab Park, Cozumel.
Check out dives - Devil's Lake, WI
1st real ocean dive - back to Cozumel
1st Lake Michigan wreck dive - The Niagra, near Port Washington, WI
1st ice dive - Redgranite Quarry

First check out dive was Little Carona beach in Carona Del Mar, CA. Low vis dive in chilly water, typical Southern California beach diving.

First OW dive was at Yellow Fins- Catalina Island, CA.

Had to go to the surface when I had only 2500 psi left due to one guy in my group blowing through his tank. He nearly had a real out-of-air situation... he got 100 psi left at 50 feet. o_O Problem: he was frailing about and he had a ... camera in hand. What a newbie!

Bora Bora, Tahiti.

After BOW, my wife and I went to Hawaii to dive...we were the ones mentioning about the bad visibility and lack of fishlife.

After three years diving in the quarries of Virginia (and other locales), I now know how good we had it.

v/r

Jan

My OW dive was also Bora Bora, Tahiti, saw lemon sharks and black-tiip sharks, on the first dive...it was amazing!

Mine was at Aliwal Shoal.
6" swells, decent current, overcast.
I threw up before leaving the boat, and threw up after getting back into the boat...Loved it!!!
What an adventure

First recreational dive - Coki Beach, St. Thomas

First certified OW dive - Lake Rawlings, Virginia

80-80 water on #1 to 45 degree water - what a shocker! But I keep going back to Rawlings - it's comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom