Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First open water dive was at Chankanaab in Cozumel....did six dives in the warm, clear waters of Cozumel before coming back to try it out in socal. Unfortunately, I've been less than impressed with socal diving, so I'm hoping my trip to Catalina will give me something cooler to look at than sand...

Mine was Airport Beach, in Maui, with 20 feet visibility. There had been a lot of rain, so it was pretty wild. It was like being under a tin roof!!!

The next spend my class went on a commencement ceremony trip and did 2 days of plunging in West Palm Beach, FL. It was staring. No waves, just flat calm water and I even got to parkway the dive boat back to the recess.

Marina Cay, BVI! I was thrilled. I'd tried to scuba dive several years earlier and was told that they didn't make equipment big enough for me. I was so embarrassed I thought I would die on the spot. But during a vacation in the BVIs, my husband asked the dive shop on the island about it and I almost refused to go try because I remembered how embarrassing it was to be too big. The divemaster was the kindest person in the world and commented that he was sorry that my BC was too big for me...you'd have to be overweight to understand the kindness in that comment.

Anyway, I came home and got my OW, Adv. OW, and Nitrox. I'm now working on Rescue. And I hope I can dive forever!

It was at Halfmoon beach, Saudi Arabia in Persian Gulf. Some small wrecks and stuff there. Not the most exotic dive site but I still love it becuase it was my first :)

Lake Jocassee, South Carolina. it was pretty cool, but not anywhere near as clear as springs and the ocean.

Ogden Point Breakwater Victoria BC,

Oakhill Quarry, Whiteford, MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom