Where was the best visibility you ever encountered?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe 90 feet. Now I have a new list of dive sites to check out!

Best I ever seen was in Mexico's caves. 200+ feet but when you hit the saltwater haylo-cline it goes to 1foot and stays that way. its kinda scary

Guam was amazing! Like diving in an aquarium. Best vis I've experienced in U.S. is Cape Cod Bay with nice SW winds blowings and Weeki Wachee Springs in Fla. Attached some Weeki pics.

rapidiver:
Guam was amazing! Like diving in an aquarium. Best vis I've experienced in U.S. is Cape Cod Bay with nice SW winds blowings and Weeki Wachee Springs in Fla. Attached some Weeki pics.

where is that 2nd pic? awesome!

Yucatan caves with 200+ feet visibility even in the saltwater layers. Other places, Hawaii with 120+ feet and Bahamas and Keys with 80 to 100 feet.

Dave
www.divingindepth.com

Cozumel had the third best, second best goes to the Red Sea (Egypt out of Hurgada) number "One" goes to Little Cayman - easter morning 1992 when I would estimate the viz to be close to 200 ft. I've had alot of diving since then but I haven't seen that kind of viz since.

Spoon:
where is that 2nd pic? awesome!

Weeki Wachee Springs. Come to Florida for January 31st-a huge New Years Eve Night Dive Party will be held there!:partytime

Only a 24 hour flight from PI!

pretty much any spring in florida before the first large group of the day gets in.

ginnie is exceedingly clear, unlimited vis, basically. you can see as far as light
travels. devil's ear is amazing... it's like floating in air... unlimited vis

grand cayman, off the south shore, was just awesome... unlimited vis

roatan was good... bonaire was good...

Back
Top Bottom