Where to take Advanced Open Water class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlGulfDiver,

Thanks for the info. Im going to check my free weekends over the next month and then give you a call to schedule. Im in the process of moving to Boston in two months and still dont have a house picked out, so a lot of my time is spent house hunting.

I will be in touch, thanks for the info.

Hi Gents,

Im a Birmingham local, but having trouble locating the schedules of any AOW classes being offering in the Bham area. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a course? Is it possible to complete the AOW course in a weekend?

Thanks.

Most of the "inland" shops in alabama use Bluewater for training, if they aren't going to the coast. So you could just about use any shop in the state and still stay local.

Dive Sports that DiverAL suggested is one of them that goes to Bluewater.

For the most part though, until the water gets warmer, you won't see as classes headed to Bluewater as much until May or after. Until then most head to the FL springs, which you can do part of your AOW in. typically the deep dive is at ABWA or in the ocean.

We have an AOW class in Panama City this weekend. It's PADI and on a boat that will carry 12 people. I think we have about 8 or 9 people going. If you want to come and take the class, I can get you the books you need. If you want to come and just dive (open for anyone) let me know.

Michael

We have an AOW class in Panama City this weekend. It's PADI and on a boat that will carry 12 people. I think we have about 8 or 9 people going. If you want to come and take the class, I can get you the books you need. If you want to come and just dive (open for anyone) let me know.

Michael

Yes, this should be good. There's a bunch of goofy people going and the instructor is top notch. Should be a frick'n blast.

Yes, this should be good. There's a bunch of goofy people going and the instructor is top notch. Should be a frick'n blast.

Why do you say that? After 70+ e-mails within 3 hours means anything..... we WILL have a blast. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom