Where to store items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234:
................ Shears: I keep shears on my wrist and knife in pocket. All other things posted above I agree with.

This must be the new DIR, 'cause I've never heard of this.

lord1234:
I keep shears on my wrist and knife in pocket.
detroit diver:
This must be the new DIR, 'cause I've never heard of this.
Newer than three weeks ago.

Wait a minute! Maybe he's taking about when he's not diving.eyebrow

lord1234:
The Pistol C8 is NOT a DIR light. It should be REALLY easy to see why. Think entanglement hazard. Shears: I keep shears on my wrist and knife in pocket. All other things posted above I agree with.

to quote a fellow DIR diver, "a great place to store your C8 is in your trunk to see when its dark"

I didn't read your post long enough. lord lord lord lord lord, you wonder why we abuse you so. :monkeydan

Here, read this, and then think through your placement. At least tell me it's on your left wrist.... :icorolley

Jeff,

Your link to your post was great, but I just want to add one more thing for those that are not familiar w/ DIR.

We dive the same equipment in the same configuration so that in the event of an emergency, or a situation where something is going south, everyone on the TEAM knows EXACTLY where each others equipment is located.

Spectre:
I didn't read your post long enough. lord lord lord lord lord, you wonder why we abuse you so. :monkeydan

Here, read this, and then think through your placement. At least tell me it's on your left wrist.... :icorolley

Jason B:
Wouldn't that interfere with his compass?

it'd interfere with everything. But at least he'd be able to get to it with his right hand instead of having two cutting devices inaccessable with his right hand :wink: So you know... D1TR [doing one thing right]

This is DIR not Do IT Your Own Way last time I looked:

Shears in Left pocket.

Knife in sheath midline of torso on waistbelt. You can access it with either hand

I have to post to correct a misconception....i screwed up when posting...waist not wrist.

lord1234:
I have to post to correct a misconception....i screwed up when posting...waist not wrist.
That does make a difference. I was wondering what drugs Bob was on when he OK'd that :D

Chris

detroit diver:
We dive the same equipment in the same configuration so that in the event of an emergency, or a situation where something is going south, everyone on the TEAM knows EXACTLY where each others equipment is located.
We were taught to declare the content of our pockets during pre-dive sequence. It's important for team to be aware of available resources. Also sometimes dive focus determines items and it's storage place (left or right pocket).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom