Where to stay on Little Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffMandell

Reaction score
We're going to split a 10 day trip in July, half on the east end of Grand Cayman and half on Little Cayman. I'm looking at the Southern Cross Club and Little Cayman Resort. Can anyone provide some comparison, particularly about the diving, to help us choose? For just the moment, we'll keep any difference in cost out of the issue.
Thanks.

Little Cayman Beach Resort absolutely rocks. For lodging, service, atmosphere, and particularly diving, it's outstanding. Regarding the other LC resorts, I believe they all dive the same sites since the island is so small. Bottom line for the diving, Bloody Bay Wall is one of the best sites in the world.

I stayed at SCC in April. I did LOTS of research before selecting them, and I was not disappointed. It is true that all the resorts will dive the same sites, so that should not make a difference for you. For your "above-water" activities, you might want to select based on who you are taking and what you like to do. SCC has kayaks, bikes, hammocks, and a fishing operation.

In the week we were there I never even had time to kayak because we were always diving, eating, sleeping or drinking! We did take an island tour one afternoon - you can bike to a lot of nice spots and feed bananas to the iguanas! The staff was friendly and caring, and the food was also great - I appreciated all of the "healthy" offerings - so unlike going to some dive resorts where I gain 5 pounds in a week!

Feel free to send me a private message if you have a specific question -

sapphire:pbounce:

We stayed at Conch Club Condominiums: http://www.conchclub.com/condominiums.html

They are about 1/8 of a mile from the Beach Resort. They offer, bicycles, a lot of privacy and quiet but are still close enough to the resort. We were on the resort meal plan (AWESOME FOOD!!!) and dove with the resort boats but had a bit of seclusion and quiet that was much appreciated. If you like the party around the pool atomosphere then I would stay at the resort. If you like to sample that atomosphere but have your own space in between then I would highly recommend the condos. The dive op at Little Cayman Beach Resort was awesome. The DMs were attentive, professional and service oriented. I would dive with them again without question. LCBR is a little closer to the dive sites for what that is worth. Good Luck! :)

A wonderful place to stay, the food is great, but I think that anywhere you stay on L.C. you'll enjoy the diving, it is the best in the carribean. There is a place with as good as the diving is, in the Atlantic, but the vis is best at L.C. Have also dove East End w/ OF & enjoyed the quietness of L.C. much more. The stars are awesome at night! The night dives are fabulous on the north shore.
The residence on G.C. numbers in the thousands, on L.C. , it used to be 9:D .

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Do you think it's a mistake to spend half the trip diving the GC east end with Ocean Frontiers? Should we spend most of it on Little GC? I've been assuming that there aren't a week's worth of different dives to keep us there.

JeffMandell once bubbled...
Do you think it's a mistake to spend half the trip diving the GC east end with Ocean Frontiers? Should we spend most of it on Little GC? I've been assuming that there aren't a week's worth of different dives to keep us there.

I can't speak to GC, as I haven't been there before, but I can tell you with certainty that you will NOT be bored with the dive sites near Little Cayman in a week. They have a ton of sites, and even if you repeat one, there's always more good stuff to see.

Definitely a week's worth of dives on Little Cayman! However, I have not been to Grand Cayman so cannot help you there. Little Cayman is less-visited than the "popular" areas of Grand Cayman. It's hard to recommend one over the other because you don't say what you are after! :)

JeffMandell once bubbled...
We're going to split a 10 day trip in July, half on the east end of Grand Cayman and half on Little Cayman. I'm looking at the Southern Cross Club and Little Cayman Resort. Can anyone provide some comparison, particularly about the diving, to help us choose? For just the moment, we'll keep any difference in cost out of the issue.
Thanks.

Pirate's Point and Souther Cross Club are fine resorts, both serving very good food if that's important to you. Either is quieter than Little Cayman Resort, at which (IMHO) karioke (sp?) night is to be avoided <G>.

donacheson once bubbled...

Pirate's Point and Souther Cross Club are fine resorts, both serving very good food if that's important to you. Either is quieter than Little Cayman Resort, at which (IMHO) karioke (sp?) night is to be avoided <G>.

Oh, I understand, you must have been there the night I was singing Neil Diamond's greatest hits. :)

Back
Top Bottom