Where to stay? Need good diving and great beaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Lido Negril and Couples Negril are more secluded due to the bay they are located on, so you might look hard at those two. Both have outstanding reputations for quality, service, and food. Both have great beaches.

I know the diving around Negril is very fun and easy, though not in the same class as Cozumel, T&C, or Bonaire. I have been told by friends that the dive crews at both resorts are excellent. However, they follow very conservative, safe dive profiles and do not generally allow shore dives. Couples and Grand Lido include diving (along with food, beverages, and alcohol) in the price. If you want more freedom in your diving you might look at SunDivers Negril, though they recently have a new owner.

Just based on reputation, you must take a look at Grand Cayman also. I hear the beaches and diving are very good, but at a noticeably higher cost.

For a simply beautiful beach and excellent diving try looking at the East End of Grand Cayman. The Reef Resort has plenty of beachfront so you never feel crowded.

Provo Turks and Caicos has good (real good) diving and spectacular beaches.

Back
Top Bottom