Where to stay in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am coming to Phuket for a trip on the Junk but will have 4 days before the liveaboard in Phuket. Any suggestions on a place to stay? Also need suggestions for Manado but assume that's a different forum... Thanks in advance.

Well, first of all - I can guarantee you'll love The Junk! I have done half a dozen trips and love this boat!

Phuket is a big island with so many choices for accommodation it can make your head spin. Do you want to be close to the action, or someplace quiet. Luxury or mid price. Phuket has everything from backpackers dorms to some of the best resorts in the world.

You can find some recommended hotels on my blog - see link in the signature.

Enjoy Phuket!
Jamie

I've stayed several times at the Aloha-villa in Patong. Very decent place, great staff, near all the downtown entertainment and very "guest friendly". It's not real fancy but very clean and safe and has good air conditioning/plumbing etc. Relatively inexpensive. Enjoy!!

I Stayed at the Bamboo house in Karon back in September, if you want a little quieter...nice place to stay for the price. Rent a motorbike and you are in patong in about 10 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom