Where to Stay in Pemuteran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VegasSharks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
We've been working on planning a trip to Bali in 2008 and I have to admit there just wont be enough time for us to do all the things that we would like to do. That said, its getting to become crunch time and we're thinking about either staying at Mimpi Resort Menjangan, Gawana Novus, or the Matahari Beach Resort & Spa. If you were going to this area would you stay at any these resorts? How is the dive staff at each of these resorts? Is there any resorts that you like more than than listed above?

Any information would be greatly apprecated since I feel like a "schooling fish'.

All upscale resorts. Never been to Gawana. But we love Mimpi menjangan with their beautiful garden and natural hot spring water although Matahari is more luxury. Mimpi also closer to Menjangan than Matahari. They have their own dive operation - 45 minute to Menjangan island by small wooden boat.

We've stayed at Mimpi the last 2 years. We really love it there. It is totally set up as a diver's resort. I have no complaints and online booking can get the room price really low. Menjangan Island is quite good diving. You'll see a lot there. All of the hotels dive Menjangan, at Mimpi you are as close as you can get. I have not stayed at either of the 2 places mentioned. I have heard through my travel agent that Matahari is a bit too pushy in always insisting that you use their in house operations for anything you decide to do. I hear it is very luxurious but pricey. Mimpi I find luxurious. Diving is from pangas. There are no radios (cell phones only), no life preservers, emergency O2, or first aid kit aboard. You are not too far from the mainland. These oversights are SOP for Bali. I recommend my travel agent for Bali; escapesunlimited. They have not included Mimpi in their package, yet. There is talk about doing so. We've been to Bali 3 years running and they are the cheapest way to go that I know about. Also, it is very well run both stateside and in Bali.

love Mimpi menjangan with their beautiful garden and natural hot spring water
Agreed. And splash out a bit to get a Courtyard Villa (it's one up from the standard Patio Room) and you even get your own private hot spring tub in your room. Now that's what I call spoiling yourself.

Thanks for the info everybody. Happy New Years to all!

I'd stay at amertha villas or Taman Sari resort, right in the middle of pemuteran so you have more options for dining etc. It takes an extra few minutes to get to Menjangan, but i think Bali Hai (20yrs of operations in Bali) have a new fast boat to get there. Also, if the winds are up, coming back from Menjangan can be awful in the afternoon, so it's often best to do a dive-day on other closer sites in between visits there.

Plus Close Encounter and Napoleon Reef are pretty sweet sites on their own (Pemuteran Bay).

Pm me if you want the email for Bali Hai in Pemuteran, then you can check on seasonality etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom