Where to stay in Malapascua and Dauin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at Mike's Dauin Dive Resort (Best Philippines Diving - Mike's Dauin Scuba Dive Centre and Resort, Dumaguete) and really enjoyed it. Mike is an American expat and built the resort to cater to western travelers so it's got a lot of comfortable touches. It's about a mile down the road from the Atlantis. I guess it's all about what your wife prefers. Atlantis is a resort experience (100 rooms,, $150/night) while Mike's is a lot more intimate (a dozen rooms, $75/night).

I dove with Mike's guides for both beach and banka diving. Saw some great stuff in the muck (5-minute drive from the resort). And diving Apo Island from Mike's banka was fantastic!

Can't help you on Malapascua. Evolution is my favorite but, as you've seen, getting a reservation can be challenging.

For both locations, ask the hotel to arrange your transfers. It's a great feeling to come out of arrivals and see that smiling driver holding a sign with your name on it.

Have fun!

Many thanks!!! I guess plans are changing so no more malapascua. Bit too remote and not much else aside from diving and sunsets. (not that bad, lol)

Looking now for Palawan and Dauin. l will try liquid or sea explorers in Dauin.

Dauin : don't miss Azure filipino owned by and ex Atlantis guide, fantasitc guides,, tasty and generous food.
I tried Mike's, Atmosphere and Azure, the latter were the best at spotting.

Dauin : don't miss Azure filipino owned by and ex Atlantis guide, fantasitc guides,, tasty and generous food.
I tried Mike's, Atmosphere and Azure, the latter were the best at spotting.
Could give an idea of the pricing at Azure? Their website doesn't list any. Thanks

Many thanks!!! I guess plans are changing so no more malapascua. Bit too remote and not much else aside from diving and sunsets. (not that bad, lol)

Looking now for Palawan and Dauin. l will try liquid or sea explorers in Dauin.
Malapascua is NO more remote than Palawan if you are in Dumaguete.

True - I meant to say out of the way from other plans and obligations. thank you

My girlfriend wants to do her open water course, not sure which is best for that between palawan and dauin? I guess its worth it to pay a bit extra and have a private instructor? Definitely for her first few dives, I'd like to find a private DM.

Thresher Shark Divers and staying at Tepanee resort. I like that dive shop, been there 5 times, Tepanee is really nice, great food, private beach. Book early if you want sea view rooms.
Pura Vida in Dauin was great. I have been a couple of times. Great diving and garden rooms were great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom