Where to stay in Malapascua and Dauin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_bayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have some time between Feb 22 and March 14 to plan a trip and was thinking of Malapascua and Dauin.

Was referred to Evolution for the dive shop but the rooms look to be booked up any other suggestions for Malapascua and Dauin?

many thanks,

Mike

Liquid Dumaguete or Pura Vida and Ocean Vida

We stayed and dived with Thresher cove divers. It was amazing!! Will absolutely recommend them - and if you can, ask for Vic as your guide, the best dive guide we ever had. He made sure we did not have any “circus” at monad shoal - we had the threshers all to ourselves for 15 min or so!

We have some time between Feb 22 and March 14 to plan a trip and was thinking of Malapascua and Dauin.

Was referred to Evolution for the dive shop but the rooms look to be booked up any other suggestions for Malapascua and Dauin?

many thanks,

Mike
Send them an email. We just stayed with them for five days...they have their own rooms, of which availability can’t be checked on the internet. The rooms were rather pricey for malapascua; air con rooms for about 95 dollars a day with two queen sized beds. But the rooms are very, very nice. Maybe the nicest I’ve stayed at in SE Asia. If it’s within your price range, I would highly recommend it.

Don’t know about Malapascua but in Dauin I have stayed/dove with Atlantis, couldn’t have been happier. Going back in April.

I think they cater to dive groups but there were some couples there on my last visit that were enjoying it. All inclusive everything right there.

Jeez you guys are visiting PH like wealthy tourists :D

I go quite often to both places and would never opt for those higher end options. I think that level of comfort removes a little but of the country's charm.

Send them an email. We just stayed with them for five days...they have their own rooms, of which availability can’t be checked on the internet. The rooms were rather pricey for malapascua; air con rooms for about 95 dollars a day with two queen sized beds. But the rooms are very, very nice. Maybe the nicest I’ve stayed at in SE Asia. If it’s within your price range, I would highly recommend it.

What he said!

We don't offer all our rooms online so that we can save them for divers :) So email us and we'll let you know what's available.

And Drk5036 - glad you liked the rooms!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom