Where to stay in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We mostly cook. You need a vehicle to get to the New and Improved! California and supermarkets in town. Is floating market back, anybody knows?

@NDL_Diver - great answer!! Plus, as you mentioned, there are restaurants in the area. Westpunt is not what it was - even 2 years ago. When I worked up there a little more than 8 years ago, the best restaurant (and still is) was Sol Food but with little else to choose from.

TODAY, well - Westpunt has literally blossomed! With a 3-10 min walk east of All West Apartments you will encounter Blue View Restaurant, Playa Forti Restaurant (completely renovated and under new ownership, a small boutique restaurant beside Playa Forti, and finally still heading east - Cactus Cafe inside Rancho el Sobrino.

West of All West Apartments - hop in your vehicle over to Sol Food (only open Fri, Sat, Sun) but ensure you contact Sunshine for a reservation or order one of their famous pizza's for take out. OR... stop in at Jaanchies Restaurant in the heart of Westpunt.

Looking for more of a local flavor - then stop in at Kunuku Pachi Cola located on the hill behind GO WEST Diving at Playa Kalki. This is truly a local and hidden gem!!

Of course, there are even more options outside of Westpunt in the local villages of Lagun, Barber, Soto.

IMO... the best part about staying in the WEST is the exploring and discovering all the gems the island has to offer. Trust me, there is amazing dishes to eat that are prepared by enthusiastic people wanting to share! So... just dive in!

We mostly cook. You need a vehicle to get to the New and Improved! California and supermarkets in town. Is floating market back, anybody knows?
Sorry... floating market has not returned but it has been replaced by a few dedicated local producers.

If I were going for a three will stay, with just one other person, I would definitely look into the moving around way of doing things. At least 1/2 & 1/2 town and west, or maybe thirds east, town, and west.

Haven't been in awhile, but we always rent a car and find enough for restaurants within reasonable distance, if not quite Westpunt close. We probably head closer to town average twice a week? We're into looking for good restaurants and normally all about "what's for dinner?", but In a way it's sort of relaxing to have fewer choices.

I prefer to avoid changing locations too often, but with 3 weeks I would split between at least 2 locations. It's a big island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom