Where to stay in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to Belize once and am heading down at the end of the week. I would HIGHLY recommend Belizean Shores, north of the cut. This is a beautiful resort, and the pool is second to none on the island, and in a place where most people don't walk in the ocean from the beach due to the turtle grass, the pool is important.

Although not as close to town, the water taxi is cheap and easy.

Dove with both ProTech and Amigos and would highly recommend both.

Dive-aholic:
Welcome to the Board. You might get a better response in this forum. However, we stayed at Aquamarina Suites at the beginning of the year. Personally, I liked staying in San Pedro. It offerred us with more to do after our dives. You can stay on the north end of the island, but there's not much up there other than resorts.

I'll be staying at AquaMarina in a couple of weeks, did you set up your dives through them with Aqua Dives? If so, what did you think? Overall impressions of the Suites themselves?

We stayed on Caye Caulker. It was very quiet... no cars on the island. We stayed at Seaside Cabanas, which is the only place on the island with a pool. We really used the pool, because swimming from shore is limited. http://www.seasidecabanas.com The folks there treated us extremely well. The place is clean and airconditioned. We also used Paradise Down as our dive company.

joecad:
I'll be staying at AquaMarina in a couple of weeks, did you set up your dives through them with Aqua Dives? If so, what did you think? Overall impressions of the Suites themselves?

The suite and dives were a package deal. Aqua Dives did a good job. We got some good DMs. For recreational diving, I think pretty much any dive op will do there. They all pretty much go to the same dive sites and run similar schedules. The suites were great. Great views, very comfortable.

Ambergris Caye:

A couple years ago we stayed at Mata Rocks for ~ 3 nights and 4 nights at a Banana Beach. We liked the rooms and courtyard and breakfast more at Banana, but preferred drinks at Mata. Banana, was very reasonably priced. A bit of a walk into town, but not bad. Plan to go back next year, as we really loved Belize, the people, and the town. It did not feel overly touristy, the people were great, and loved the fact that there were very few vehicles.

I would not stay north of the cut.

http://www.hookedonflies.com

A group of 13 of us are going to stay at AquaMarina Suites in 2 weeks for a week of diving. Any suggestions? Was it a nice hotel? Any suggestions on where to eat? How was the dive company Aqua Dives? Thank you for any help.

Well, we chose Xanadu and if you go to www.tripadvisor.com and read the reviews you may want to as well. It rated #2 out of 48 hotels/resorts on Ambergris Caye with people who rated it. We also checked out jaguar reef which seemed super cool, but was really too expensive for what you got. We are staying in a 2bedroom condo with jacuzzi tubs and pillow top mattresses and full kitchens. They have a grocery store nearby too!
Angela

I too have stayed at Xanadu several times, one of the best, quiet resorts i have stayed at in AC
Might look into, Palm, closer to town
you can't go wrong with either

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom