Where to stay in Batangas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katsea

Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually going to Sabang for diving. But the flight arriving in Manila is very late, around 18:00. So I can't catch the last ferry. I have two options. One is to rent a private boat to get to Sabang in the evening. Or, I can stay one night in Batangas, and take the first ferry next morning. Which one is better?

If staying in Batangas, where would you recommend? I need a place convenient for the ferry next day.

Btw, do I need to get the ferry ticket in advance? Where to buy the ticket?

Many thanks!:D

Private boat departs from outside Batangas so you will need private "taxi". You have to ask the resort to organize it for you. Expect to pay a bit more than the usual rate(P6000, US$140.00). Not all the private boats will sail after dark and besides it is illegal "officially". But you are in Philippines so.......
There is another option ie. overnight in Manila unless you really want to dive at 09:00 in the morning.
City State Tower Hotel has daily transfer to Sabang(Si-Kat) at 08:00 weather permitted. You will arrive at Sabang before 13:00.
You can stay at Swagman Hotel which also has similar service to Sabang in the morning.
You can also stay in any hotel and take a taxi to Buen Dia for any bus going to Batangas Pier in the morning. The bus leaves frequently and takes around 2hrs.
You buy the ferry ticket at the terminal and there is no advance reservation. I believe there is a ferry departs from Batangas Pier to Sabang around 07:00.

If this is your first time to Philippines then I would suggest Si-Kat transfer. Paying US$140.00 for a single transfer is far too much to swalllow. But it is your holiday. Have fun.

Many thanks Centrals:D

I'm wondering how far it is from those dive resorts in Batangas to the Pier? I.e., from Dive Planet to the Pier?

Just one way for $140 is too much. Is there any airport shuttle I can take?

Cheers :)

Private boat departs from outside Batangas so you will need private "taxi". You have to ask the resort to organize it for you. Expect to pay a bit more than the usual rate(P6000, US$140.00). Not all the private boats will sail after dark and besides it is illegal "officially". But you are in Philippines so.......
There is another option ie. overnight in Manila unless you really want to dive at 09:00 in the morning.
City State Tower Hotel has daily transfer to Sabang(Si-Kat) at 08:00 weather permitted. You will arrive at Sabang before 13:00.
You can stay at Swagman Hotel which also has similar service to Sabang in the morning.
You can also stay in any hotel and take a taxi to Buen Dia for any bus going to Batangas Pier in the morning. The bus leaves frequently and takes around 2hrs.
You buy the ferry ticket at the terminal and there is no advance reservation. I believe there is a ferry departs from Batangas Pier to Sabang around 07:00.

If this is your first time to Philippines then I would suggest Si-Kat transfer. Paying US$140.00 for a single transfer is far too much to swalllow. But it is your holiday. Have fun.

+1 for Sikat...used the service several times and is reliable and very cheap, especially considering the alternatives

I'm wondering how far it is from those dive resorts in Batangas to the Pier? I.e., from Dive Planet to the Pier?

Just one way for $140 is too much. Is there any airport shuttle I can take?

Cheers :)
I am confused! Planet Dive is in Anilao.
Travelling from Anilao to the Batangas Pier is NOT that straight forward unless you are using private transfer.
BTW, getting from the Manila airport to Planet Dive won't be cheap by private car. US$100.00 would be minimum.
I believe there is a kind of airport shuttle connecting all three terminals in Manila.

Now I got it! Somehow I had the impression that Anilao and Batangas were really close:D

Many thanks:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom