Where to stay in Bali for some young divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phelis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

Together with my buddy i'm going to Bali in February. The fact, that we are still young makes it a bit complicate to find a nice place to stay. The reason is, we would like to go out at the evening. Not hard party like there is in the south, but a bar and some places to eat would be very nice.
For diving we checked some resort in the east near Kubu. But we don't like if we than are only in our resort and there is nothing else to do in nearer location.

For some tips i'm very grateful

Thanks.

PS: We are staying for 7-9 days. Budget is midrange.

For youngsters you cannot beat the Gili Islands. Gili T has great bars and restaurants and is very lively. Gigli Air is a lottle quieter. The diving is very good but not as good as mainland Bali, but every time we have been to mainland Bali the resorts have been very quiet.

Hi Phelis,

If you're looking for a mix or social life / nice diving, I would recommend going to Amed wich is on the east cost, it's pretty laidback but you can dive up to tulamben to do the wreck wich is really amazing (do it by night too!) and you have all the near spots that are great too :)

Regarding nightlife, avoid Tulamben at all costs since it's more than quiet, but in amed you usually have every day a band playing in one of the few bars around. It's also a very beautifull area to go around in motorbike.

Regarding the Gilis I agree with Tippytoes, Gili T (Trawangan) is very lively but in my opinion it's really not great, the Island is very small ad everything is built now, you can barely see the sea... I only Dived from Gili Air wich I really like, much more laidback, preserved, and still with some great options for partying :)

I don't have the best dies memory around the Gilis though.

Another option could be Nusa Lembogan, between Bali and Nusa Penida. It's pretty laidback too and there's some nice bars options. The best thing is that you can go diving to Nusa Penida, wich is really great, and you might the opportunity to dive with Molas Molas! (Sunfish)

You can also easily go dive or snorkl with the Manta Rays that are south of Nusa Penida, in Manta Point.

Since you have around 9 days, maybe you could try something like splitting your time between locations ?
Like half in Amed, half in Gili or Lembogan ?

Enjoy your stay :)

Fred.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom