Where to stay/dive in Bohol - Apo reef - ? in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgfspeedy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all,

My fiancee and I are going diving/chilling around in December. We will go to Moalboal with our students, as we organized a trip there. However our holidays are 3 weeks and we will only spent 6 days with the students.
We would like to go to Bohol, Apo Island, Malapascua and maybe elsewhere in the same area where it is worth to go.
We are looking for good and cheap places to stay and good dive centres to dive with. It will be partially diving and chillin' on the beach.
Here is what we found so far:

• Bohol: Oasis on Alona Beach. Any recommendations for dive center? Or other places to stay?
  • Apo Reef: Apo Island Beach Resort
  • Elsewhere: ?
  • Malapascua: we will defiinitely stay with Tepanee Resort. Maybe dive again with divelink.

If any of you have any recommendations, pls feel free, we are looking forward to it.
We would like to thank Kilili for his recommendations.
Thanks so much

Hi bgfspeedy,

Sounds like a nice trip...

For Bohol I'm not really sure, but have a look here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...2-alona-beach-panglao-bohol-courtesy-map.html

Apo reef and Apo island are different places. Guess you mean Apo Island near Dumaguete. Only the 2 dive shops there so its pretty straight forward, if you dont like one, go to the other :)

If you want to add somewhere else then Moalboal makes sense in-between Apo and Malapascua, try CebuDiveCentre on here, I imagine Carl will chime in soon. Or just spend sometime on the critter sites in Dauin(Dumaguete) before heading to Malapascua - try Mike Feeney here Mikes Dauin Beach Resort - Dumaguete, Philippines

Seems you're set in Malapascua, just let me know if you want to try tech or have any questions.

hth

Matt.

Hi Matt,
Thanks a lot for the info. We will be going with with CebuDiveCentre in Moalboal....

I'm looking for resorts in Bohol. I will inquire with Seaquest and Bohol Divers.... Any comments on those 2?

Anyone heard of Siquijor Island? Is that any good?

Thanks

Aquatica on Alona Beach for inexpensive accommodation(fan or AC). The floor and the wall are solid concrete.
Did couple of dives in Siqujor all those yrs back. Can't remember much but the place was very quiet and quite a distance from Dumaguette.
Camiguin is another laid back island just off the coast from Cagayan de Oro. Island with seven volcanoes and very beautiful above water but diving was very ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom