Where to start

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thombalabomba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

For the past 25 years i've been a recreational diver. I got certified as a PADI dive master and worked for one season in 2007. After that and before that my diving is usually limited to one holiday a year, averaging about 10 dives a year, mostly in the caribean.

Over the years i've seen some wrecks left and right up to 60 meters which i've never been able to reach and tec diving always seems to financially constraining but i am now in a different stage of my life and new possibilities open up. My diving goal for the next 15 years would be to visit some of these wrecks and i am curious as to where to start on this Journey. Any advice? I am not against doing more dives locally (Netherlands) for training as i understand this path is more intensive.

Thanks in advance!

You have one of the top Technical Diving training centers in Europe right there in your country, you should start there:

Hi guys,

For the past 25 years i've been a recreational diver. I got certified as a PADI dive master and worked for one season in 2007. After that and before that my diving is usually limited to one holiday a year, averaging about 10 dives a year, mostly in the caribean.

Over the years i've seen some wrecks left and right up to 60 meters which i've never been able to reach and tec diving always seems to financially constraining but i am now in a different stage of my life and new possibilities open up. My diving goal for the next 15 years would be to visit some of these wrecks and i am curious as to where to start on this Journey. Any advice? I am not against doing more dives locally (Netherlands) for training as i understand this path is more intensive.

Thanks in advance!
I recommend diving more to keep skills refreshed. locally if you can. 10 dives a year is not enough in my opinion.

I recommend diving more to keep skills refreshed. locally if you can. 10 dives a year is not enough in my opinion.
Yeah that's not an issue as i indicated in the original post. I have no rush though, ready to embark on a multi-year trajectory but just looking to where to start. I've done some 350 dives and feel like a decently experienced rec diver but this is a different step obviously so i am willing to do the work, but if you're used to diving single tank it's quite difficult to understand where to start, even if i do have goals (specific wrecks around 60m)

Yeah that's not an issue as i indicated in the original post. I have no rush though, ready to embark on a multi-year trajectory but just looking to where to start. I've done some 350 dives and feel like a decently experienced rec diver but this is a different step obviously so i am willing to do the work, but if you're used to diving single tank it's quite difficult to understand where to start, even if i do have goals (specific wrecks around 60m)
find a local diveshop, buddy, and dive site and once or twice a month go dive to keep you dive skills fresh. I would say the sooner you get into doubles and a drysuit the better. also possibly take a into to tech course to get a idea of what your getting into.

You have JP Bresser there in the Netherlands who is an Instructor Evaluator for GUE. I think that'd be a great place to start

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom