Where to start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely. A few friends dive one around here. As an mCCR, I do have enough experience to prefer an eCCR. So it isn't for me. But for some reason, crazy people do exist that like an mCCR. :p

Who would these sidewinder owners be? I'm within 50miles of you and as far as I know I am the only sidewinder owner currently in western Washington. Gilly has one, but she moved away over a year ago. Jason has one but he moved away long before he even owned a sidewinder. There is SW in the Vancouver BC area.

"A few" as in plural. I dont even know one. Who are these local sidewinder owners? Names

I know some folks in my region who dive SM CCR. Seems to be mostly Sidekick, but some Sidewinder. They do some Great Lakes boat diving with them and the occasional NC diving. They also cave dive. The SM CCR were their first units.

I know some folks in my region who dive SM CCR. Seems to be mostly Sidekick, but some Sidewinder. They do some Great Lakes boat diving with them and the occasional NC diving. They also cave dive. The SM CCR were their first units.

Starting on SM CCR and didn't die... OMG :wink:

Main thing is to stick to one unit and style of diving and get as much experience as possible. Once over that learning curve, life's a lot easier.

I'm still going to say for someone getting a first CCR, get something more conventional. The learning curve is steep enough. You can always add sidemount later.

Who would these sidewinder owners be? I'm within 50miles of you and as far as I know I am the only sidewinder owner currently in western Washington. Gilly has one, but she moved away over a year ago. Jason has one but he moved away long before he even owned a sidewinder. There is SW in the Vancouver BC area.

"A few" as in plural. I dont even know one. Who are these local sidewinder owners? Names
Richard, Richard, Richard. Before you make demands that I answer your question you have to go back and answer all of mine that I have asked of you. Those are the rules, so if you want to play....

Once you do that I look forward to answering your question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom