Where to see pelagics in September / October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogster84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Currently planning my next dive trip for the last weeks of September or the first week of October and I need your advice

As usual I'm looking for acceptable weather and great diving and a good chance for pelagics. Which destinations can you recommend that time of year?

To date I’ve been diving in Palau, the Philippines (Southern Visayas), Fiji, Mexico (Cozumel), Thailand (Koh Samui), the Maldives and cold water diving in Europe. I’m looking for something different. It

Cocos Liveaboard. Prime Season - amazing destination. Recommend Undersea Hunter Group.

Cocos Liveaboard. Prime Season - amazing destination. Recommend Undersea Hunter Group.

Cocos (same as Galapagos and Socorro) is definitely on my bucket list. Unfortunately the dates don't quite work out for me - a ten day trip together with nearly 4 days of travel will only be possible again next year:cry:

I was looking at 7 day trips (plus travel-time) but for the really remote locations with several days spent on the boat just getting there that's not enough diving...

Any other recommendations?

With flights taken into account, SE Asia and North America are the logical destinations - anything you guys could recommend there? Or can you recommend a site to do a search based on what you want to see?

Edit:

Just to expand on my thinking a bit:

I can do something like 7 -10 days off either in September/ October (preferred) or the second half of November.

With that duration Cocos is pretty much out – for that I’d need something around 14 days.

I’ve done a live-aboard in the Maldives in late September and the viz was simply horrible – there were whale sharks but you couldn’t see them…

The Caribbean / Bahamas offer the Sharks I’m looking for and are easy to reach but I didn’t consider them due to the Hurricane season. Am I wrong in striking this area?

Accessibility & price wise, Bali, Thailand, the Philippines and parts of Indonesia are probably my best bet. Any comments on the diving there during that time?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom