Where to put DAN SMB on Stiletto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A2thaK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I can't figure out the best place to put it. It seems if I clip it to one of the clips on the cumberbund, it would be dangling and not very streamlined. I then thought maybe I would put it where the zip-in accesory thingy is, but there is not an easy way to attach it without the universal grommet mount or something. Also, it seems like I would have to unclip the wing to get to it.

So, what say you?

Also, my wife is having the same problem with her Lazer.

I put mine on the D ring on my left hip as my right hand has an easier time getting to it if it is needed. It doesn't dangle much. If I want it be dangle even less, I sometimes clip it on the same side where the wing attaches to the middle of the vest via a little clip. But I have long arms, so this works well. With my new tanks, I don't carry any weight, so now I can put it in the weight pocket. Love my Stiletto.

Why not use the Zeagle mesh SMB bag that attaches under your wing with two quick links?

Thats what I did and it works great. I use the quick links to attach the Zeagle mesh bag to the wing straps. It's tucked out of the way and can be gotten with one hand.

Thanks for asking the question.
I didn't like the my trim while I was wearing it last week. I think the mesh bags will be perfect!

Claymore: You have a picture of your set up? I am not sure I am picturing it right!

Thanks!

Why not use the Zeagle mesh SMB bag that attaches under your wing with two quick links?

I have the Zeagle mesh bag with the SMB and spool and I did not bother with quick links. Just attach the grommets of the bag with 3 small zip ties to the BC between the jacket and the wing. Zip ties are simpler and less bulky.

Adam

While not a Zeagle....I clip my SMB to my left shoulder D-ring and than use a large rubber band to secure the SMB so that it does not dangle.

Here's some pictures. These are of my Express Tech but the attachment should be the same on all the Zeagle BC's, it is on my Ranger.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 279
Here's some pictures. These are of my Express Tech but the attachment should be the same on all the Zeagle BC's, it is on my Ranger.
Hope this helps.

Mine is the same except instead of the two Quicklinks, I use three zip ties, each tie through a different grommet on the mesh bag.

Adam

Got the DSM set up using some simple bungee cord my LDS gave me gratis. Used it on a few dives already and it works like a champ!

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this "project"!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 829
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom