Where to Purchase open heel Jet fins??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that's a pretty big gap. Dunno what my LDS gets for twin jets. For regular old jets, she was a few bucks more than it would've cost me to get them from LP & pay the shipping. A difference small enough to not be a concern. But I've never priced the twins.

robbcayman:
Okay, just called every LDS in town only 2 carry the twin jets both want $189!!!! On leisurePro the full Twin Jet Fins are $79 I just wish they had the adjustable fins.
This is exactly what I was afraid of. I am all for LDS making a profit but $110 profit on a pair of fins, get realistic. This is why I could give 2 cares for a warranty. If something were to go wrong I could buy a brand new pair and it would still be cheaper than going to the LDS. Heck, I could buy both mine and my fiances fins (2 fins) cheaper than I could buy 1.

This is not meant to start a flame war but this is exactly why I refuse to buy stuff from the LDS. Can someone help me find these online!!

First of all you need to know what your looking for! Full foot twin jets sell for $125.00 and open heel sell for $189.00 so the dealer does not make a $110.00 profit. The fact that you don't want to support yoour local dive shop is interesting. I hope you ship your tanks to Leisure pro to get air fills!

First of all should know what yoou want to buy. Open heel twin jets retail for $189.00 and full foot fins are $125.00. It's interesting you don't want to support you LDS I hope you are shipping your tanks to Leisure Pro to get filled! Dive shops work hard for the few dollars they make and they do have overhead unlike interenet sales companies. Plus at the LDS you might get the proper fit the first time! Don't forget to add in shipping! Also be prepare for leuisure Pro to tell you they are currently out of stock since they are not authorized dealers!

No fair double posting:D Welcome to ScubaBoard. I get my air fills at LP, so it's ok if I buy from them. :wink:
btw; full foot twin jets at LP are $75, open heel $115, but I think they quit selling the open heels.

webedivin2005:
First of all you need to know what your looking for! Full foot twin jets sell for $125.00 and open heel sell for $189.00 so the dealer does not make a $110.00 profit. The fact that you don't want to support yoour local dive shop is interesting. I hope you ship your tanks to Leisure pro to get air fills!

That's interesting I wonder why it says $79??? Hmmm... Are you a disgruntled LDS owner? I have no problem buying from and supporting the LDS but their prices are outrageous. Every piece of equipment is way over priced. The same shop wants an extra $230 for a computer that I could get online with a warranty, then consider an extra $110 for fins. I refuse to spend that much money for the same equipment. Now if the LDS was within $50 then I would purchase it from him. If I were to buy all my stuff from the LDS I could end up spending tons of extra money for the same stuff. Trust me, I want to support the dive community but the LDS prices are absurd.

e-bay?

They're fins, not much to go wrong with them.

robbcayman:
Okay, just called every LDS in town only 2 carry the twin jets both want $189!!!! On leisurePro the full Twin Jet Fins are $79 I just wish they had the adjustable fins.

That price must be standard, because my LDS sells them for the same exact price!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom