Where to post a dive shop review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Charlot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sorry for my unfamiliarity with the SB site, but I'm just not sure where to find the appropriate place to post a dive shop review. No, it's not a spastic rant, but it's not a favorable review either. Just honest and informative and I'd like to share it with the group.
Thanks!
Jeff

Post it in the regional forum closest to the shop's location as those are the members who would be most affected by the review. Just please make sure you keep as factual as possible, and abide by the Terms of Service.

Yelp is more anonymous, less TOS and probably seen by more divers or prospective divers.

---

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I've already posted on Yelp and the BBB, but would like to make sure my local divers have all the information to make the best choices for themselves.
Jeff

Jeff! Wow, Scubaboard must be the place old slopers go when they get too windburned. Hope the east coast is treating you well, tell 'em all I said hello.

Nauga,
everywhere at once

Yelp is more anonymous, less TOS and probably seen by more divers or prospective divers.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?luy42k

Why would you believe that? With 25,000 visitors a day (most all divers) - I seriously doubt any other site has more concentrated amounts of divers than SB :wink:

---

To answer the OP's question. Since they asked, "WHERE ON SB"

If you're posting about a shop in the USA, start here -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/united-states/ and find your region.

No offense, its just Yelp is a location based business review site that's much larger then Scubaboard. You post a review of a store and it's there forever. Not trying to search through the archives of posts. That and newbies ( especially of the younger generation ) are going to be going to Yelp searching long before they hear of this awesome board.

That and you can post anything you want without needing thick skin, worrying about moderation or worrying about dragging Pete into a law suit if some LDS ever gets pissed.

No offense, its just Yelp is a location based business review site that's much larger then Scubaboard. You post a review of a store and it's there forever. Not trying to search through the archives of posts. That and newbies ( especially of the younger generation ) are going to be going to Yelp searching long before they hear of this awesome board.

That and you can post anything you want without needing thick skin, worrying about moderation or worrying about dragging Pete into a law suit if some LDS ever gets pissed.

None taken.

However.

1) ScubaBoard is also not going anywhere, and has hundreds of reviews, from real divers. ScubaBoard is THE definitive source for all things scuba online.
2) It's easy to search. Just use the search. Or like most people... when they search Google for the information, they'll land on SB anyway.
3) The person asked "Where on SB"
4) Don't you worry about Pete getting sued. Pete personally was never sued. If some LDS gets pissed and tries to sue SB, what would be the difference between Yelp getting sued? Nothing. :wink:
5) You really think you need a thick skin or you have to "worry about moderation" - I think you are flat out wrong on that one.

Back
Top Bottom