where to place pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmpx

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

If you don't have pockets on your wet or dry suit, how would you place pockets on your configuration?

Regards,

J. Brown

Well, the pocket needs to be on the outside of your thigh. The bottom needs to be above the knee joint. The top needs to be where you can reach it, which means about where your fingertips are when your arm is hanging at your side.

Using those constraints pretty much placed my pockets.

TSandM:
Well, the pocket needs to be on the outside of your thigh.

May I ask why on the outside instead of the front? Most of DIR is self explanatory to me, but this one eludes me. I'm not questioning the validity, just wondering for my own knowledge.

Thanks,

Placing the pocket on the outside of your thigh results in it being in the "slipstream" created by your shoulders breaking the water.

If they were on the front of your thigh, they would be an additional "bump" for the water to go around.

Pockets are usually placed so that your fingertips reach to the middle of the pouch.

Would you put the pocket on the left or right?

tmpx:
If you don't have pockets on your wet or dry suit, how would you place pockets on your configuration?

I use X-Shorts (neoprene shorts, with pockets attached, that you can also wear over a wetsuit). A less optimal solution would be to attach a pocket to the left side of the waist strap (if you're not using a canister light).

Vie:
I use X-Shorts (neoprene shorts, with pockets attached, that you can also wear over a wetsuit). A less optimal solution would be to attach a pocket to the left side of the waist strap (if you're not using a canister light).

I use X-Shorts as well and they work great.

Before I started diving with X-Shorts, I have been attaching a pocket on my waist strap as described above. It is also a good place where you can route your long as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom