Where to place hole in wet notes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4lod

Reaction score
I just purchased a Wet Notes (actually a Wet Log - generic version I think). Anyway, I understand that I should bungee & clip it to it to prevent me from losing it. My question is, does it matter where the hole and bungee go? I was thinking about placing the hole in the top left hand corner. Any comments? Also, should the hole go through the entire book or only through the cover? I have tried to study various photos on the internet, but the actual placement of the hole has remained a mystery. I am scheduled to take the DIR Fundamentals course this June and am trying to look as 'unnewbie' as possible, heh-heh. Please respond. Thanks.

...and just ran some cave line through the binding and tied it making a big loop that runs down the binding. I just clipped a double ender onto that..

My Wet Notes just sit flat against my leg in the pocket... no boltsnap. I can pull my spool, safety sausage, strobe etc all out of the pocket on their boltsnaps on the pocket bungee loop, and the Wet Notes stay put in the pocket. Why would you need to add a boltsnap to them?

and just ran some cave line through the binding and tied it making a big loop that runs down the binding. I just clipped a double ender onto that

I do the same thing with my wet notes. My Cave 1 instructor suggested doing it this way.

Stacey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom