Where to move for best diving in Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you'd be an hour closer (than I, and probably 5 gallons of gas closer!) to the caves....!

There is a new rule here in St Lucie County. If you want to move here you have to make arrangements to have TWO New Yorkers move out!! -- List your house in the New York Times Port St Lucie Edition!!--

Port St Lucie is often referred to as the Fifth Burough of New York. With that we have been getting our problems with the Scumbags (the new carpet baggers) bringing crime here. We busted around 90 grow houses last year earning the Nickname Pot St Lucie. (130 plants each house) --

THere are home invasions, armed roberies, burglaries, sexual assaults. However not nearly as bad as other areas. We however are MUCH safer than the Broward area or my favorite JAxsonville at 133 murders this year and climbing. THey are topping the charts with police shooting too.

THe area 6446 NW FAGAN ST, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986 is known as "The Torino Area" and is very nice. Mom / Dad/ Kids with dog area. Many of the Officers live in that area and like it.

Port St Lucie was the safest city in the US per capita but her numbers have caught up with her. Honestly it was a statics hoodwink anyhow. THe growth rate per year based on the five year crime stat was VERY misleading.

If I could go anywhere-- I WOULD LOVE TO live back on HOLLYWOOD BEACH again!! Close as I could afford would be Dania Beach.

The diving here Rocks/ SUCKS. Hit or miss every day. a GREAT day is 20' vis a bad day is 2" for a high volume mask and 1" for low volume. I have beach dove 4' and done well with lobster but face first into bullsharks sucks. Many large game fish on the near shore reef system and record breaking lobsters!

Diving is driving in this county. Jupiter is forty Minutes door to dock. Fort Lauderdale is about 90 miles away.

THere is one mall. Several Walmarts. a Surf shop dive store. There is no plays, operas, dinner shows or museums worth seeing. This is a small town that exploded into 1990=150k / 2007=260k.

More info if you like PM me your email addy...

Wow this forum rocks! Thanks a ton for the details Orlando Eric. I pm'ed you me email address.

Great thread, very helpful!! I can't wait to start looking. Hopefully I'll make the move in 2010 to somewhere in the SE Florida area...

No such thing as "low crime rate" in Florida anymore I dont think. And 200k doesnt buy much here even with the prices dropping the way they did recently. You could but a "manufactured" home in a trailer park but even those are kinda pricey on the coast.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom