Where to honeymoon in the carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seabass

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for a caribbean (southeast asia is also a possibility) honeymoon location April 6-13th. I love to dive but my fiance does not (and will not). I am looking for a place with 4 or 5 star accomodations or secluded beach villas. Over water bungalows on stilts look beautiful, but I don't know what the issues might be.

I definitely would like to sneak in a few dives, but it isn't a priority. From reading, every place seems good which is making it hard to decide.

I have lots of frequent flier miles so really would like to go someplace that american or american airlines partners can fly to.

I would like to keep the price of accomodations below 3-4K for a week for the two of us.

(Grand Caymans sounds promising, especially considering there is already a message board group going...)

I don't know if AA offers this, but American Express allowed me to redeem a 75,000 or so points for a Marriott seven-day certificate, which I used at Marriott/Frenchman's Reef Resort on St. Thomas. Air fare to the Caribbean isn't too costly, but the nice hotels are. You might look into that angle, assuming you haven't already.

The Virgin Islands are nice. Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Salt Island, etc. The Wreck of the Rhone is in this area too.

Aruba is a very nice destination as well.

Reeflover

The problem with alot of the Carribean is that if you are in "5*" accomodations, you are sharing it with 1000 other people on a 200 yard long beach. If you can find one of the "secluded" 5* places, you will probably also find that there isn't alot to do for a non-diver or somebody who isn't interested in sitting on a beach all day. I know honeymoons have activities all their own :D but you might want to check out Hawaii. The big island has some great 5* resorts that are not necesarily all that crowded, and there is spectacular diving and great topside activities too. Maui is the same way. Lots to see and do when you aren't diving. I know all the airlines fly there, but you might have a hard time getting FF miles to work as soon as April. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

AggieDiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom