Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kellib

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My husband and I may get to go on a 4-5 day trip here pretty quick. We can't afford to go jetting off to far and would like to camp (kids and Granny are coming with). I am hoping to get some feed back on where we can spend several days and A LOT of time under the water. We need to stay close to TX but maybe OK would be fine or NM. Does anyone have any ideas. This will be my last planned dive time for a while due to a busy baby having season. I appericate the input and would love to know where people are and when things are going on so we might hook up. We are not as flexable as we would like to be concerning getting up and going but we can occasionally make weekend trips.
Thanks
Kelli

kellib:
Hi everyone,
My husband and I may get to go on a 4-5 day trip here pretty quick. We can't afford to go jetting off to far and would like to camp (kids and Granny are coming with).

I am hoping to get some feed back on where we can spend several days and A LOT of time under the water. We need to stay close to TX but maybe OK would be fine or NM. Does anyone have any ideas.

This will be my last planned dive time for a while due to a busy baby having season.
If you have a camper, Clear Springs would be great. They do not have bath houses or showers, so camping for 4-5 days without showers could get a little...crunchy.

Try this link for a few reviews on Texas sites: http://www.scubaboard.com/t55904.html

You are not pregnant now, right? Just want to make sure that's not what you meant.

Foo

What about Balmorhea State Park? The diving in the clear spring was is great. The spring is actually an old Mesquilito Indian watering hole.

They have campsites for both tents and campers with electricity, or you can get a nice cabin for a very reasonable price. Great ammenities there, too. dive shop is next door and town is only 4 miles from the park if you want to eat out.

You're also not far from the Davis Mountain Observatory, which is a great outing outside of diving, that the kids and even Granny would probably enjoy.

We always enjoy it. It's far enough away from home to make us feel like we've really been somewhere but close enough not to take too long to drive to.

*I just noticed you're from West Texas!

I agree with Dee, Balmorhea would be a great place. Lots to do within just short drives of the state park. Old Ft Davis, which is now a national park, is also there. There is a great scenic drive thru the mountains. And don't forget the famed Marfa Lights! Plus the diving is great. Water temp is a constant 73 degrees with 75 - 100' visibility.

Scuba Point is good for a short trip.
They now have a/c cabins and bath houses.
great lake diving park and pool for non divers.
there is also a house overlooking the water that can be rented.
also there is dive boat rental so your not confined just to Scuba Point.
Check them out at scubapointpk.com

Back
Top Bottom