Where to go this Feb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoober

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,
I am organizing a small group trip for this Feb, and am looking for recommends. A little background:
1. I was a working diver for several years in Coz, then Belize, then Honduras, then
Fiji, then Philippines, then Palau. No longer in the biz, but occasionally organize small group trips, usually to exotic Asia-Pacific destinations. Last year, I took this same group to Palau.
2. Don't take this wrong, but I have been seriously spoiled by thousands of dives in Asia-Pacific, and I am concerned about the quality of diving in the Carib. Having said that, I thought that the diving in Coz was pretty spectacular when I worked there, in terms of the reefs and the viz, but not so much in terms of critters great and small. I worked there in '02/'03--how is Coz now?
So, we don't have enough time to go big exotic this Feb, so are going local. Probably Carib, but could also be Hawaii. Looking for really great and healthy and colorful reefs, and solid critters (by carib standards). Also, while these folks are young-ish and "cool", they have dough and like nice digs to return to at night. And we want a town with some great bars and restaurants. Some ideas that I am mulling: Coz; Maui; Bonaire; Saba (or somewhere around there); Turks Caicos. Any thoughts? Thanks heaps!

Scuba club Cozumel walking distance from town and excellent boat dives has my vote.

Thanks hvrietsc. I completely agree! If we go Coz, I will likely end up at Scuba Club. So great to walk into town while having a quiet space in the Resort. Do you know whether they have a couple of Suites (for the guy who pays for the entire trip).

I am also looking into private villa rentals at the various destinations. Probably our bestbet for these guys. 6-10 bedrooms, nice kitchen, nice bar, nice patio grill, nice, views, etc.

Oasis Divers and Osprey Hotel in Grand Turk were just voted by Sport Diver as one of 2012 Worlds Best Resorts 2012 World. I work there now, so of course I'm a bit biased but I've been diving in Honduras, Australia, Thailand and Mexico and am pretty pleased this far. I've only been here about 2 weeks and I've seen tons of stingrays and turtles, the usual Caribbean fish, the coral is in pretty amazing condition, and my personal highlight so far was the hammerhead I saw on my 3rd dive here! Plus, in February we will have the humpbacks migrating through here. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom