Palau trip Feb 3-8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luvs2playy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I am in Guam working and have 8 days in a row off the first week of Feb. Thought about taking a short solo trip to Palau Feb 3-8 and wanted to get some dives in. Shore dives? Boat dives? Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated for dive shops running daily boats.

See if you can find a spot on one of the Aggressor boats.

I was on a Palau LOB over the New Year. Apparently Jellyfish Lake is open but not worth the trip anymore. However, I suggest that you check locally once you're there.

I was on a Palau LOB over the New Year. Apparently Jellyfish Lake is open but not worth the trip anymore. However, I suggest that you check locally once you're there.
why is jellyfish lake not worth it?

You will want to do boat dives. Ideally you might have gone on live aboard but that probably will not work with your dates (they are usually Sunday night to following Sunday morning and Aggressor boats that I use don’t even have availability until end of February anyway, though there are other liveaboards that seem to get good reviews ). The land based operators usually go to almost same sites as liveaboards, just with much longer boat rides (ballpark an hour each way )

I usually use Sam’s Tours for land diving but as @Centrals noted both they and Fish N Fins have good reputations with English speaking/European divers. I think there used to be some dive ops that catered to Asian divers but I am not really familiar with those

For hotels there are a few within walking distance of Sams Tours and Fish and Fins depending upon budget. Palau Central is a mile away and they have courtesy van that will take you back and forth . You might choose a dive operator and then see if they have any packages that include hotel or get some sort of discount on hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom