Where to go next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Ok, my wife and I do a big trip (3-4 weeks) every other year and its time to plan next year.

Where we've been..

Caribean - everywhere
Pacific - Costa Rica (twice)
Indo Pacific - Fiji (Taveuni and Suva), Micronesia (Yap, Palau, Guam), Indonesia (Bali and Lembeh)

Places we're thinking about....

Australia and PNG
Galapagos
Maldives
Thailand
Back to Indoesia

What we're looking for...

Great photo ops
Someplace off the beaten paths
Intersting land component as well

Ideas and recommendations?

Malaysia (Sipadan island group)

I agree, if you go to Chuuk or Palau, you can see WWII wrecks above and below. Now the Galapagos, that would also be sweet. I am looking into the Aggressor liveaboard for that one!!

So we decided to go with a combo of Australia (GBR) then to PNG. May look to going to the other side of Papua as well. Now I just have work out the logisitics. I think we are going to fly into Sidney for a few days to check it out (thinking of moving to Aus at some point) to get shots of leafy seahorse, then up to Cairnes probably to do a liveaboard for 5 -7 days. Next we'll head to PNG. Probably stay for at least 10 days. That is my thought so far anyway.

morning cjames

warning - LEAFY seadragons are in colder water like south australia

sYdney has WEEDY Seadragons - Kurnell/Sutherland is the place and you can have anything from 3 to 33 of the buggers there... just need to know the trick to spot the first one (look at the kelp on the sandline) and then you will see them everywhere

beautiful creatures.... stunning!!!

i know Fairybasset will be visiting sydney in december for a few days before doing a cairns trip herself.... i dont know the details but i will send her the link to this thread later so if she got any info she might share

im off diving now :multi: so will do it later :wavey:

The diving at the Great Barrier is only average at best. The northern reef is the best, but once you get closer to Cairns, it's pretty disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom